Chapter 3

————-
3rd person POV
—————
Teru noticed Akane and Y/n staring at each other. Akane looked from Teru to Y/n to Teru's hand holding Y/n's hand. Teru noticed this and got embarrassed so he quickly let go.

Teru coughed, "ahem uh this is Akane-kun, Y/n. Akane, this is Y/n. Akane is the very verrry good friend I was talking about."

Akane received Teru's threatening smile and died a little inside.

Y/n could tell Teru was being sarcastic, when they were little he was always sarcastic like that. Y/n chuckled, "oh~ but didn't you just say he was a bit annoying? Teru?"

Akane got visibly irritated and attempted to smack Teru but Teru pulled his bracelet and stopped Akane from smacking him.

"Now now Akane, what are you doing to poor old me?"

Teru let out a fake cry while Akane started apologizing but Y/n just stared. "Teru, is Akane a spirit? I sensed something different about him the moment we stepped in and you're revealing your powers to him."

Teru dropped Akane and Akane stared at Y/n. Teru sighed, "Well yes and no. He's human but he's a supernatural as one of the 3 clock keepers, No. 1."

"Oh, hello there clock keeper." Y/n took out her hand to Akane.

Akane was confused, the transfer knew about the supernaturals? Akane shook Y/n's hands, "What about you? Not too many humans here know about spirits."

"I'm Y/n L/n, Teru's childhood friend. Also, I'm an exorcist. As soon as I stepped in this school I already saw a lot of spirits."

Akane shrieked, "Another exorcist?!? And friends with Minamoto too? I'm not gonna make it past this year, I'll probably be tortured to death."

Teru and Y/n gave the same threatening smile which made Akane want to leave immediately. They all eventually sat down and Teru explained everything.

"Yes, as you heard earlier, Y/n is my old best friend from elementary. She moved away right before she started middle school and left me all alone." Teru made a fake sad face at Y/n.

Y/n laughed, "Oh shut up, you had other friends too right? I bet you didn't even miss me a lot. You seem pretty popular even in elementary."

Y/n was joking and Teru knew that but he really did miss her a lot. Sure he had other friends but they all weren't the same as Y/n. Teru just smiled at Y/n and Akane felt invisible.

'I wanna leave these two alone, I feel like a third wheel on some sort of date.' Akane told himself.

Y/n and Teru were laughing when Y/n turned to Akane. "Oh! Now I remember you from earlier, you were that boy that got brutally rejected by Aoi chan."

Teru laughed at Akane and Akane sulked. Teru turned to Y/n, forcing her to focus her attention on Teru, "By the way, you said you already made some friends. Who are they?"

Y/n smiled, "Their names are Aoi chan and Nene chan, they're really nice."

Akane's eyes looked scared, "Aoi chan? You're already friends with Aoi chan?"

"Yes! Isn't that fun? Oh yea, does Aoi chan know you're a clock keeper or is she just a regular human?"

Akane shook his head. Teru thought about Aoi chan and Nene chan and remembered that detail about Nene.

Teru looked at Y/n, "Do you know about that Nene chan?"

Y/n knew Teru probably had something to do with it so she nodded. "Nene chan swallowed a mermaid scale and I know she doesn't have much time to live."