ᶠᵃᵐⁱˡⁱᵃʳ ᶠᵃᶜᵉˢ

"Your time is up, Ms. L/n," said Mr. Sato, and you stood up, stretching your arms as your grabbed your bag. "And if you don't want detention again, please come to class on time next time." You bit your tongue, knowing what you wanted to say would have you in detention for the rest of the year. You let out a small yes, sir, before quickly heading out the door and making your way to the old building.

There wasn't much time before you'd be required to leave the school, but you hoped to spend a little time with Hanako so he wouldn't be all pouty tomorrow.

Just as you headed to his bathroom, Haku-joudai suddenly appeared in front of you.
"What the..." You muttered as it swirled around you a few times before going down the opposite hall. You let Haku-joudai lead you to the door to the roof, and you pushed it open.

You smiled, seeing Hanako stood there, leaning against the railing and staring up at the sky.

"Hey!" You greeted, and he turned to smile at you.
"Well, there you are, Y/n! I thought I was going to have to come to find you again," he crossed his arms and pouted. "How come you didn't visit me this morning?"

"I didn't sleep well last night, so Mr. Tsuchigomori offered to let me sleep in the nurse's office," you explained. "I tried to tell you that earlier, but you disappeared." Hanako tilted his head in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"Earlier today," you repeated. "I was on my way to class, and you were just standing at the end of the hallway, but when I came over, you disappeared." Hanako still seemed confused, but then his eyes suddenly widened. He gripped your shoulders tightly, startling you and nearly making you stumble back.

"What are you-"

"Y/n, that wasn't me you saw. I need you to get out of her right--"

Before he could finish, a childlike laugh seemed to come from all around you as the doors leading back into the school slammed shut, an audible click coming from it.

"I can't let you do that," a voice said, and you reached for your staff only for Hanako to push you behind him.
"Stay behind me," he whispered.

"Sorry, but that was me you saw."

A cloud of black smoke appeared in front of you, and a boy wearing a uniform identical to Hanako's emerged from it. You looked back and forth between him and Hanako, the similarities painfully apparent. They were almost identical. The boy took a step forward, and Hanako immediately pushed you behind him.

"Well, doesn't this look familiar?" The person smirked. "I see you've gotten a new assistant. Better hope you don't lose this one like last time. What was her name again?" The male raised his head thoughtfully. "Yashiro, wasn't it?" You noticed Hanako flinched at the mention of that name. "To think someone you cared about so much could forget about you so easily."

It was clear the person was taunting him, and you expected Hanako to lunge at him any second now, only to glance down to see his hand trembling. You looked over to see a fearful expression on Hanako's face as he stared at him.

'If Hanako's like this, then this guy has to be bad news,' you thought, slowly reaching for your staff.

"Speaking of forgetting, did you know that Amane here can erase people's memory?" He asked, turning to you. "He can make you forget all about something or someone whenever he wants, and you'll never even notice a thing. Isn't that cool?" You furrowed your brow in confusion before your mind went back to the name Yuki. You looked at Hanako, who still stood frozen in fear.

'If he's not going to do anything, then I will.'

Grabbing your staff, you ran past Hanako, who quickly reached out to stop you.

"No, don't," he said quietly, his fingertips just barely brushing against yours as you rushed at the male, hitting him in the stomach with your staff, hitting him with a strong shock of electricity.

"Who are you?" You growled, pulling the staff away as he stumbled back, clutching his stomach, but his smirk never wavered.
"Ohhh," he said with a cough. "So you're an exorcist. I like you a lot better than that last one." Before you react, he had recovered and appeared in front of you once more. He held his hand up to your forehead and smirked.
"The names Tsukasa." You gasped as he flicked your forehead, the small action having a huge impact and sending you flying back and making you slam against the wall.

You sat there, slumped against the wall, the blow seemingly stunning you. The male smirked, only to dodge an attack coming from Hanako, who glared at him as he held the knife with shaky hands.

He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out, and Tsukasa laughed.
"You found yourself a good one, Amane," he said as he began to fade away. "Better hope she doesn't abandon you like the last one."

With that, he disappeared, leaving Hanako to stare at the place he once stood.

You groaned, slowly coming back to reality and not hearing the quick footsteps coming your way. You stood up, dusting yourself off and sighing tiredly.
"Who the heck was-"

"What were you thinking?"

You looked up to see Hanako standing there, glaring at you.

"What are you talking about?" You asked.
"He could've hurt you! You read what's going to happen to you, but it seems like you're trying to make it happen! Are you trying to get hurt?" His words felt like a stab through the heart, but that hurt quickly turned to anger, and you glared back at him.
"I'm sorry," you said sarcastically. "But someone had to make a move, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be you." Hanako was silent, and you huffed, picking up your staff and turning to leave, but a cold grip on your wrist stopped you in your tracks. You turned to see Hanako who's eyes were now glowing red.
"I'll ask you again, Y/n, do you want to get hurt?" Your eyes widened as he pulled out his knife, his grip tightening on your wrist by the second and making you wince. "Because if that's what you want, I'll be happy to grant that wish." You turned around to face him, pointing your staff at his throat.

"Let go of me right now, Hanako, or I swear..." You trailed off, and Hanako's eyes widened when he looked up to see tears of sadness, fear, and anger welling up in your eyes.

Finally realizing what he was doing, he released your wrist, only for more guilt to wash over him when he saw the bruise that was now forming. You gripped your wrist as you backed away from him, and Hanako stood there with wide eyes.
"Y/n, hold on, I-I didn't mean to-" You stormed off before he could finish, and Hanako stood there, tears welling up in his eyes as his brothers' words repeated in his mind.

'To think someone you cared about so much could forget about you so easily.'

He fell to his knees, fighting the urge to go after you, knowing that it would only make things worse. Tears rolled down his cheeks streamed down his face.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n...Please don't leave...Not like she did..."