ᶠᵒᵘʳ ᴼ'ᶜˡᵒᶜᵏ

*** Read in white mode for better experience

You and Yuki sat in the classroom, chatting as you waited for the teacher to enter the classroom. You were doing your best to listen to whatever Yuki was talking about, but your mind kept going back to that encounter with that green-haired girl.

'How does she know Hanako? And why did she call him selfish? Who even is she?'

"...Y/n...Hello? You weren't listening, were you?" Yuki's fingers snapping in front of your face finally made you snap out of your thoughts and look up at him.
"Oh, sorry about that. I just have a lot on my mind," you muttered.
"Well, what is it? I'm sure it'll be better to talk about it," Yuki said, and you lowered your head, trying to think of the best explanation that didn't include mentioning your friendship with a ghost.
"Hey, Yuki? Do you know anything about the fifth wonder of the school?" You asked, recalling that the green-haired girl had said something about it.
"Oh, the fifth?" The blonde paused for a moment, seemingly thinking about it.

"Oh right! The fifth wonder is the four o'clock library. The rumor says there's a special room in the library that you can only enter at four pm. The books inside are all entitled with people's names. They contain the records of that person during their time at this academy. But, the books have the past and the future, so it'll tell what you've done and what you will do. They're all organized by color. Some are white, some are black, and some are red. The white books are records of people who are still alive, and the black books are records of people who are dead."

"And the red ones?" You asked curiously.

"The red ones are the ones that you're never supposed to open."

There was no real point in asking since you had already made up your mind. You were going to visit that library.

That evening at exactly three fifty-eight pm, you stood in the school library, pulling books from the shelf at random and putting them back when nothing happened

That evening at exactly three fifty-eight pm, you stood in the school library, pulling books from the shelf at random and putting them back when nothing happened. You let yourself get lost in your thoughts, recalling what had happened over the last month since you had come to this school.

'I haven't been to see Hanako all day today,' you suddenly remembered, and you immediately felt guilty.

'I hope he's not mad at me.'

You noticed something moving in the corner of your eye and turned to see a purple and black butterfly fly past you and land on a book with spiderweb designs on its bind. Without thinking, you found yourself reaching out to touch it, only for an explosion of dust to emerge from the shelf and cloud your vision as soon as you did.

Once the dust cleared, you saw a door now sitting in the middle of two shelves. Slowly, you pushed the door open and peaked your head inside the room.

The room was huge, with bookshelves along the wall going from floor to ceiling. It was a little dusty but surprisingly well kept, making you wonder who's been taking care of it. You stepped inside, quickly realizing that the lanterns lining the walls were pretty dim and didn't do a good job lighting the room. Just as you considered going back into the school to find a flashlight, a light appeared beside you, and you turned to see one of the Mokke sitting on one of the shelves, its ear wrapped around a lantern.
"Need it?" It asked, and you gave it a grateful smile.
"Thank you," you said, taking the lantern and holding it out in front of you.