ᴾᵃˢᵗ

You sat at a table in the library, a book about the seven wonders laid out in front of you, and a pile of every other book you could find on the subject sat next to you.

'Why have I never been able to learn more about Hanako?' You wondered. 'What type of friend am I that I've only tried once?'

You flipped through the book and stopped when you reached the chapter labeled: Hanako-Kun, only to let out of huff of annoyance when you realized that this, like the other books, only talked about his rumor and mentioned nothing about his past. An idea suddenly came to you, and you quickly turned to look at the clock, which now read three fifty-eight. That meant only two minutes until the four o'clock library opened.

'Should I try there again, though?'

After your previous experience, you were hesitant to go back there again, but you soon decided that it was better than continuing to search through these books. You stood up, heading to the place where you had previously found the entrance, only to turn the corner and bump into something hard.
"Ow," you muttered, stumbling a bit but managing to keep yourself from falling. "Sorry about that."

"Watch where you're going," said a familiar voice, and you looked up to see Mr. Tsuchigomori standing there, his arms crossed and an annoyed frown on his face.
"Oh, it's you," he said once he recognized you, and you opened your mouth to say something, but suddenly a butterfly flew past you and landed on the same book as before.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"I was on my way to visit the four o'clock library," you answered. "I wanted to learn more about Hanako, but the books that the school had didn't have a lot of information so I was going to try to look through his book in the four o'clock library." Mr. Tsuchigomori stared at you for a moment. The expression on his face was one of interest, almost like he was studying you, and you'd be lying if you said it didn't make you a bit uncomfortable.

"No," he said after a moment, and you stared at him in confusion.
"What?"
"You can't read his book. It's red. And you know what happened last time you read a red book."

As soon as he finished, the butterfly that had landed on the book flew away, and you were sure that meant you weren't going to be able to enter the library.

"Then can you tell me about him?" You asked just as he was about to walk away. He stopped, his back now facing you.
"What makes you think I know anything?" He asked.
"Well, I don't know," you said. "It just seemed like you two knew each other. Hanako and I are friends, but I don't know anything about him and I would like to change that," you explained.

Mr. Tsuchigomori stood there for a moment, and you held your breath, hoping that he was at least considering it.
"Fine." You looked up at him in surprise to see the teacher motioning for you to follow him as he led you out of the library.

" You looked up at him in surprise to see the teacher motioning for you to follow him as he led you out of the library

"So, what do you want to know?" He asked as the two of you walked down the hall.
"I don't know," you shrugged. "Maybe...something about him when he was alive...or maybe how he died..." A sudden idea came to mind. "He mentioned something about his old assistant a while ago, but he seemed kinda sad when he did. Did something happen between them?"
"Kind of," Mr. Tsuchigomori said, leading you into his classroom and sitting down at his desk, beginning to grade some papers. You sat down on one of the desks in the room as he spoke.