ᴿᵉᵖᵉᵗⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿ

*** Read in white mode for better experience

"And finally, the garden," you said, stopping at the entrance to the garden. "And that's the end of the tour."

You turned to glance back at Kou, who hadn't taken his eyes off of you since you had entered the office, and part of you wouldn't be surprised if he had been too focused on you to remember anything about the actual tour.

"Thank you-"
"Now tell me," you narrowed your eyes at him. "Why did you insist on me giving you the tour?" Kou chuckled nervously.
"Well, I just wanted to say sorry f-for making you mad earlier and um-"
"Oh, speaking of earlier!" You said, completely disregarding his apology as you reached to grab his hand, and the hearts in the boys' eyes were almost visible as you did so. You lifted his hand, letting out a thoughtful hum when you saw the burns on his hands.

"Just as I thought," you muttered, glaring up at him. "You were holding your staff wrong. Do you even know what you're doing?" Kou quickly snatched his hand back.
"I-I know what I'm-" Ignoring his arguments, you looked at the clock to see that school was almost over and after-school activities would be starting soon.

'I'd normally be on my way to see Hanako by now,' you thought before turning back to Kou. 'He can wait a bit.' You shrugged before holding our hand out.
"Let me see your staff." Kou titled his head in confusion, and you rolled your eyes before reaching out and grabbing it from his belt.
"What are you-"
"Do you wanna keep burning your hands or not?" You asked, and Kou shook his head. "That's what I thought." You gripped the staff, switching it from one hand to another and swinging it around a few times as you got used to its weight. "So I'm going to show you how to use it correctly."

"Do you get it now?" You asked as you watched Kou swing the staff around as he tried to get out of the habit of holding it wrong

"Yeah, this feels much better now," he grinned. "Thanks a lot, Y/n!"
"Oh, and one more thing." You took the staff from him once more and took out a seal.
"This is to make sure you don't hurt yourself anymore," you said, slapping the seal on it.
"What the hell, Y/n!" Kou snatched it from your hand, desperately trying to remove the paper to no avail.
"It's going to take a while for you to get out of the habit of holding it wrong, so to make sure you don't hurt yourself, I put that seal on it. You're welcome." The sound of laughing caught your attention, and you turned to see groups of students walking out of the school. You looked back at the old building.
'I guess I won't be able to meet Hanako today after all.' You sighed. 'I guess It's fine. I can just visit him tomorrow.'

"Well, I should be heading home now," you said, grabbing your bag and opening the gate to the garden.
"Wait!" Your eyes widened when Kou ran around you and stopped in front of you. "Please let me walk you home to thank you for helping me!" You stared at him for a moment and couldn't help but give a small smile.
"Sure."
"Yes!" Kou cheered, and you chuckled lightly.
"Alright, let's-" A sudden chill ran down your spine, going from your head to your toes.