Paracas

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy my story so far! I would be happy if you would leave some feedback! I still have a lot planned for you and Law so stay tuned 🥰

Paracas turned out to be a beautiful old trading town on a tropical island, with many different markets and all kinds of culinary delights. You waved a fan while Amarie tried on different sunglasses. The sun was burning your skin and reflected shiny from the surrounding roofs. Somehow there was a strange mood in the air, but you couldn't tell where it was coming from.
Shelby followed Law at every turn - annoying him with questions and telling him about all sorts of things that excited her. You could tell by the look on his face that it wouldn't be long before he threw the new crew member overboard. As they passed you, his facial expression changed. While Shelby continued to text him, his gaze stayed spellbound on you while you fanned yourself. How old-fashioned - you thought and complimented Amarie on one of the heart-shaped glasses from the Brook collection. When you looked back at Law, his attention was still on you, even though they were several feet away. Bepo, Penguin and Shachi joined you and also put on some glasses.
"We should each have the same glasses in a different color - as a crew look!" Said Penguin and posed with a peace sign. Amarie and you gave each other an ambiguous look. The more time you spent with the lovable men, the harder it was for you to think of leaving them behind forever.
"Are you joining tonight?" Shachi asked as he pulled two glasses over each other and made a grimace in Amarie's direction that actually made her giggle.
"Where to go?"
"A band is playing in one of the bars here - we heard earlier."
"What band," you snacked on a peach.
"Then we can dance again," Bepo shouted and posed excitedly.
Amarie handed sixty berries to the clerk. "Sounds fun."
"Would be nice to have one funny night with you guys before you ..." Penguin fell silent when Law joined. You didn't see him coming.
"Do you have everything?"
"Jean Bart and his division brought the first cargo on board an hour ago and we have just given them the second. That should be enough for the next two weeks. " While Penguin spoke, Bepo put one of the glasses on his captain, with a pink frame and a bright rainbow function on the edges. Law looked like a frightened cat, with the shopping list in one hand and the bag of fruit in the other. You tried hard not to laugh, but when you saw the tense visages of the others, none of you came around to blow out loudly.

 You tried hard not to laugh, but when you saw the tense visages of the others, none of you came around to blow out loudly

"Captain! Brook would be so happy to see you in this outfit- "
Law pushed up his glasses. "I buy them." His face was blank. However, when he saw how crimson yours was, he smiled slightly.
"Where's your new girlfriend anyway?" Shachi quipped and you winced at the word.
Law grimaced. "She's not my - I got rid of her over there by the cuddly toys. She started crying when she saw one. I took my chance. " He jerked his thumb over to a farther stand where Shelby was glaring up at a plush.
"Is that a ..." Your eyes widened.
Law gasped. "Not you either."
"Sloth", Amarie finished your sentence. With watering eyes, your gazes met before you stormed over to Shelby.

In the evening the streets of the trading town were lit with colored fairy lights and fire torches. It was still roaring warm and there was magic in the air. Amarie and you were singing Blinks no Sake when you passed a group of musicians who were displaying their instruments on the sidewalk. Giggling, you followed the directions to the pub. It was a small cellar bar with a stage and cozy round tables in the room. Contrary to the habit, this time you sat down at the table with Ikkaku and Uni. The always masked man held out his beer to toast you and Ikkaku lamented your loss heavily.
"It's so difficult to find a couple of decent women who can lend a hand and not cause drama." She hit the table with her hand. Amarie and you had to suppress a laugh.
"Well - it will always be exciting with us," said Amarie and tossed her hair back.
"The captain has been so different since you've been here - much more relaxed." She popped a bubble of gum. "I haven't had to clean the toilets a single time in the last few weeks."
You shook your head in confusion. "Then... someone else had to clean them?", you kinda explained to her.
Ikkaku narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Amarie and you exchanged a quick look before your gaze went over to Bepo, Penguin and Shachi, who were probably just engrossed in one of their heated discussions. Law leaned back in his chair, arms behind his head, and seemed to be deep in thought.
Then his eyes flicked over to you at lightning speed. You avoided him and slide your hair down your temple.