Option 2: Bring up the rear

A/N I know that option two was actually "Stick with the General" but imma do that one last

Warnings:
Death (yes another death option)
Blood
Panprice moment

Charles' POV

A gunshot was heard, but it wasn't from the gun pointed at Rupert and I. Dave dropped to the floor, blood pooling out of his back, revealing a helicopter in the distance with General Galeforce standing in the helicopter, pointing a smoking gun where Dave was standing a few moments ago.

I stood in shock, same as Rupert. I was surprised that the General actually shot someone while I think my comrade had a different reason to act how he was.

     "Rupert, Charlie, are you guys ok?" the general asked once he landed the helicopter, ignoring the fact that he just killed someone
     "I think so" I respond shakily while Rupert ignored Galeforce, staring at Dave's now dead body and for someone who always acts tough on the outside, he looked on the verge of tears
     "Rupert?" the general asked, waving his hand in front of the dazed soldier who still made no signal he heard a single word from the general.

     "Well, we'll head to the helicopter, I'll give you a moment" Galeforce decided, putting a hand on my shoulder and leading me away from the scene

Rupert's POV

I couldn't believe it. Dave was dead. The general made an effort to get my attention but I just stood there, staring at Dave's bloody body.
     "Well, we'll head to the helicopter, I'll give you a moment," the general told me, heading to the helicopter with Charles.

Once they were inside, I let myself break down. I knew I shouldn't be crying, Dave had betrayed the Government and almost shot both of us, but my emotions got the best of me. 
     "You were too young to die, Dave, we still had so much time we could have spent together" I cried into my knees on the floor.

I'm not entirely sure how much time had passed, but I was thrown back into consciousness by a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Charles
     "Hey Rupert, you ok?" he asked
     "Y-yeah" I nodded, my throat feeling raw
     "How about when we get back we make a grave for Dave and return here? Would you like to do that?" he asked which I nodded to "Then let's head back" he decided, after standing up we just walked back to the helicopter in silence.

As the general flew us back, my mind kept going back to Dave.
     "I finally understand your need for revenge, Dave. I'll finish what you started" I thought with a small smirk.

A/N DU NA NAAAAAAAAAAAA

444 words