The Key to the Kingdom

Drawing and painting were the only paths that Klaus referred to as he was always used to whenever he was hurt and the more hurt he was, the more complex his scenery would become.  

His devastation by his brother's words started an unseen chaos that was kept hidden within his soul increasing his solitude and Rebekah 's indifference to his agony agitated the situation even more irritating him nearly to be enough for him to suspect her deeds. 

But on the other side, Rebekah 's deeds became really impure. After Klaus told her about what he had done to Elijah, she informed Marcel that she was on his plan, the plan to desert Klaus and keep him locked in his underground garden.  

She showed nothing to Klaus, pretending to be calm and decent despite him somehow managing to see glimpses of betrayal and threat in her looks as she sat by him on the table taking breakfast on the day after he had just bitten Elijah.  

Her silence during the whole breakfast gradually increased his acute paranoia step by step driving him to become excessively anxious, nervous and nearly looking insane.  

Klaus: Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today? 

Rebekah"playing dumb": No, should I have? 

Klaus: He's been mysteriously silent-- avoiding me, some might say. I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all of those sweet nothings. 

Rebekah: If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you. 

Then she began involuntary giving him an evil threatening look that he noticed clearly. 

Klaus: Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes."My saintly noble brother lies writhing in agony in the Bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain." 

Rebekah"trying to look indifferent" : On the contrary, Nik, I am simply enjoying my breaky, waiting for Elijah's healthy return.  

Klaus"slightly provoked but still keeping himself calm": Oh, come on Rebekah, you've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it! 

Rebekah"with a cunning grin": Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth. 

Klaus "somehow irritated": Poppycock! I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. 

Then he gave a brief pause and continued with his evil smirk: Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger. 

Rebekah gave him back a cunning menacing smirk that agitated him even more making him alerted by the glance he had just seen in her eyes as she smiled. 

Then she dabbed her lips' corners with her napkin and stood up then gradually approached him and came face-to-face with him. 

Rebekah"with a disgust look on her face": My paranoid brother, There is something fundamentally wrong with you. 

Then she gave him again an evil smile as she left while his face revealed anger and discomfort as she was leaving.

______________________

Hayley was still with Elijah who was fevered and a bit sweating but was still sober as always and conscious enough to speak to her with only some signs of fatigue and weakness and his bitten neck mark became somehow swollen but he was still not showing any signs of hallucinations or dementia yet.