《III》

While Rintarou drove on his way to the orphanage, he glanced at the mirror to see his daughter playing with her jet black haired friend. Smiling, his eyes flickered back towards in front of him and made them stay focused on the road.

It was when they had arrived at the destination, the time of the girls' play came at the end and they must say goodbye to each other.

It was really heartbreaking to watch the two girls saying goodbye, but their eyes and face showed sadness and still holding hands tightly like one would disappear into thin air if the other was let go of her hand. While Ema started to cry, Wayuu held her tears and said sweet words to her new friend so that she wasn't crying anymore.

"Shh… it's okay, Chii-chan. We can see each other again, can't we?"

"Yes, but I'll be missing you so much…" Ema sobbed.

"Actually, our house and your orphanage are quite close. So there's no need to cry." Rintarou interrupted.

Hearing that made Ema's tears stop falling and looked at her father. "Really?"

"Really." He said, pointing at the orphanage and his house. It was indeed close.

And that was the first meeting of Wayuu and Ema that was leading into the tight bond they had now. Since then they were never separated from each other and always stayed at each other place, also they found out that they liked the same thing.

Seeing that, Rintarou was really happy because his daughter found a sister-like figure and friend in her life. Not only just that, Rintarou also made a room for Wayuu if she was staying over. He had begun to think of her as his own daughter -- which he planned to make it happen.

Meanwhile with Wayuu, she started to teach Ema everything she knew the moment Ema asked for her to do it.

Ema loved being taught by Wayuu because whenever the jet black haired girl explained something that she didn't know, her explanation was easy to understand, simple, and fun. And it led on, until the two of them entered into the same kindergarten.

Once Ema got into the kindergarten, Wayuu's protective side started to appear, especially at the time when Ema and Juli were surrounded by five bullies whilst one of the bullies was holding the struggling Juli. Wayuu was really mad that she could feel her hands that had turned into fists tightening when Ema's brown eyes started to tear up and Juli almost lost his breath.

Didn't want to waste a second, Wayuu sprinted as fast as she could in front of Ema in an immediate and held the bully's collar, who was holding Juli's neck, tightly. Her light blue eyes flashed dangerously to the bully.

"Give Juli back to me or you're going to regret it. NOW!" Wayuu threatened as venom laced in her words, causing the bully that she held got scared, loosening his grip on Juli, then giving him to Wayuu -- which she gently snatched Juli away and gave him to Ema, who immediately took the squirrel and stroked his head.

While Juli tried to regain his breath with the help of Wayuu together with Ema, one of the bullies had the courage to come behind Wayuu before he hit her head with a piece of wood.

How he got that, they didn't know.

Feeling something like fluid came out from her head, Wayuu reached her hand to her head and touched the fluid, then brought it in front of her to see blood. Why did I feel déjà vu when he did that? She thought as she turned around and immediately punched the bully -- which surprised the bullies, Ema, Juli, and even Wayuu herself.

Wayuu looked at her hand before she clenched and unclenched it, determination filling within her. She fought with all of the bullies while Ema and Juli watched the fight worriedly.

Sometimes one of the bullies managed to deliver an attack at Wayuu such as their weak punches, kicks, or pulled her jet black hair as hard as they could, making her feel the pain as tears built in her eyes. The bullies that got beaten by Wayuu scrambled away from her and in a flash, Wayuu's rage started to disappear, leaving only worry and concern in her light blue eyes.

She walked to where Ema along with Juli were standing and reached one of her hands out, cupping Ema's cheek and wiping the remaining tears while her other hand was stroking Juli's fur gently.

"Are you two all right?"

"W-We're all right, Wa-chan… b-but you're the one who is not all right at all. You're bleeding." Ema retorted, reaching her hand out to touch Wayuu's wound. As she touched it, Wayuu winced in pain that made Ema retract her hand from the wound.

"S-Sorry!"

Wayuu waved her hand at Ema as if saying it was fine.

"Chii was right, Chu! How dare they hurt you like that?!" Juli said angrily, but also proud that Wayuu came to save Ema and him. He felt this strong urge wanting to protect her too.

"It's fine, it's fine… don't worry about me. As long as the two of you alright, I'm all right."

Hearing Wayuu's saying those words made Ema's cheeks burning and heart beating faster. She didn't know why, but she liked it when Wayuu said the words towards her.

"Then shall we go to the infirmary room?" Wayuu suggested as she reached her hand out for Ema to grab it.

Ema looked at her friend's face while she flushed before a smile formed on her lips and she clasped her hand on her friend's soft hand yet not too soft as she nodded vigorously and let out a sound of agreement.

"En!"

After that day, at the time when they were finally allowed to go home, Rintarou was very, very furious the moment he saw the jet black haired girl's unkempt appearance with her head and arms filled with wound plaster and bandage. He had almost approached the kids that were bullying his daughters and beaten them once he knew about it, but he was stopped by the girls as they pulled him away from the bullies.

《○.°•◇¤◇•°.○》

Night came, Wayuu along with Ema already finished all of the tasks and homeworks. 

Wayuu got her long wavy jet black hair haircut into a short hairstyle that caused her to look like a boy -- much to Juli as well as Rintarou's disappointment -- due to the fight she had earlier. Although Ema, too, was disappointed that her friend had to cut her beautiful long hair into short, she secretly liked how Wayuu looked like a handsome boy in that hairstyle.

The girls as well as the squirrel were now lying on the fluffy carpet. Wayuu's hand was holding Ema's while Juli was in the middle of both of them.

Wayuu's eyelids started to feel heavy, feeling sleep was about to engulf her. However, in advance of the time she could close her eyes, she turned her head at the brown haired girl and the squirrel beside, who were already sleeping, and smiled softly.

"I will protect you, Chii-chan, Juli… from any harm, I always will protect you two." Wayuu muttered whilst she stared at their peaceful sleeping faces. "I also will always be by your side if you two ever need me. Even if you two wish for me to stay with you two forever, for your protection, then I will." She continued before she closed her eyes with a small smile on her face, letting the sleepiness take over her.

Unbeknownst to her, both Ema and Juli actually hadn't slept yet. Hearing her words earlier caused them to really happy and couldn't help, but let their cheeks heating up at her words as they kept replaying them inside their minds.