Chapter 7

Picture of Mavis as a Baby!

Previously:
"I hope you're okay with pancakes and scrambled eggs, if you want I can always make you something else.." I felt the gears in my head turning as I tried to put the pieces together and figure out who this was. "Babe, are you okay? Was I too rough on you?" I jumped up and scooted back on the bed away from the male stranger who I could hear scooting closer to me. "What are you talking about?! Who are you? Where am I?!!" I yelled in a panic-filled voice. I felt as if I was in some sort of messed up reality or something. "Babe what are you talking about. Don't you remember who I am? Don't you remember the amazing night we shared together?" I screamed.

Mavis POV:

What's happening? Has the universe decided to crack another joke at me? The man had grabbed me from behind and was now trying to hold me in a comforting way, he was failing miserably. I couldn't fathom what in the world was going on? Had I fallen through a time warp and ended up in an alternate reality or something. This couldn't be real, it wasn't like the movies. "Stop touching me! I don't know who the hell you think you are, but you better step off right now!!" I waved my hands madly in the air trying to get my point across.

"Mavis, I'm your husband..."

"Now hold on just a second! I don't even know you, and I already have a mate, his name is Jake. How could we be married?!"

"Mavis, you don't have a mate, whatever that is. You're married to me.. we met in high school. You were the head cheerleader and I was on the baseball team. We met when we bumped into each other after physics 101 and you smacked me with your book when I got to close. I apologized and we got talking.."

This can't be real.

"Things just hit off from there and we've been inseparable since."

"Then how did I lose my sight!? Tell me that!"

"You were in a car accident about a year ago. On your way home from dinner with some friends a drunk driver swerved into your side of the road and hit you head on.."

"That's impossible! I was born into my pack blind! I have been like this forever.."

"No Mavis, up until a year ago you could see just fine, your vision was 20/20 and you lived a happy normal life, with me. The accident took away your sight."

No. "No.. This isn't right! Who are you?! Where is my pack?"

"Mavis there is no pack, you have come up with this scenario all on your own, it's in your head. Have you forgotten to take your medication?"

Medication?

"Are you mental or something! Where is Jake? Where are you keeping him?"

I hear rustling as the man got up and went across the room. I heard a drawer open and them some light shuffling around. There was a sound of some type of bottle, its contents shaking ever so slightly as he re-approached where I sat.

I scooted back in the massive bed as far as I could until I hit the headboard. My hands began to shake as I tried to make some sense out of what was going on. I felt relief as I felt the man's presence pass by me and into what sounded like a bathroom. I could hear running water as a glass was picked up, the sound flushing out some of my nervousness.

The water eventually turned off as heavy footprints made their way back towards me. I coward in my corner and waited, for what, I had no clue.

"Here.." A glass of water was placed in my hand with some type of medicine meant for me to swallow.

"No." I Threw the pill at him and scooted farther on the bed.

"Mavis you need to take this, it's for your own good."

"Why? Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do! I don't even know your name!"

"My name is Isaac Black. We married one year ago today, you have short term memory as an onset of the accident, and the medication I'm trying to give you helps with your memory problems.. Will you please take it?"

I have amnesia? I wasn't born blind? If what I know isn't real, then who am I? How can I just forget a lifetime of memories and replace them with false ones?.. Is everything I went through, finding Jake, just a figment of my imagination?

" You're telling me that everything I believe, my whole life, is a lie?" I couldn't even shout I was just too shocked and unable to speak over a whisper.

"What you think is real, this pack and alpha business, werewolves, they aren't real. They don't exist."

"I know this might be hard for you to take in, but I promise that taking this pill will be the first step in understanding.. Do you trust me?"

How could I trust a man I knew next to nothing about who was telling me all I thought to be true, was a lie.

"I won't hurt you, please trust me when I say I will do everything in my power to give you all the answers you seek, just please.. Take the pill."

I thought about my options and as I reached my hand out...

I know. Cliff hanger! It's been a while since I've written I've been so caught up with senior boards and packing for the move in a couple weeks. Thanks to those that have stuck by me and continue to support me. I will try to update more frequently.