Chapter 9

Wake up call part 2

Hey everyone, sorry for the long wait, I've been crazy busy with my recent surgery and recovery. I even had trouble with my computer for a bit. Haha

I wanted to make a shout out to a few of my fans:
#Wild3st_drams
#KatanaWalker
#tgrunst

Thank you guys so much for supporting me with my book and all the great comments from everyone. I really hope you enjoy this chapter;)

Make sure to comment and vote on my book!

Jake's POV:

It's been two months since the attack on my mate. We have found no signs of the rogue wolf and have yet to find any traitors among the pack. Every day is the same for me, I work in my office on paper work and finish my alpha duties, then at the end of the day I head to the medical center and spend the rest of the night beside my mate up until morning.

This has been repeated for over 2 months now, and there is still no sign that my mate will wake up or if she will ever recover from this. I continue to blame myself for not being there for Mavis, for not being the mate that she deserves.

Since that day, I have worked tirelessly to find out who is targeting my mate and change the pack for the better. All those people who once hated Mavis for no true reason have either left the pack and become rogues or have learned to accept that Mavis is a member of this pack and that their behavior as well as mine, is unacceptable, and can no longer be tolerated.

My beta Jeremiah has been a huge help with implementing the necessary changes among the pack and helping me keep everything together. We now have counseling for those who have anger issues and are working on being kinder to one another, no matter our status or gender. I have changed the way the omegas are the underdogs of the pack, they now are respected as much as any other pack member. I don't allow fighting amongst members and promote peace and happiness.

Mavis's parents are still a major problem I have to deal with, but they have stayed out of the way so far. I spoke with my parents and officially announced to the pack that Mavis Lynne Kingston is my mate and the future luna of the Blood Moon Pack.

At first there were lots of outcry's for me to reject and or kill Mavis, Ryder nearly took over and killed everyone who was in opposition to our paired mating. "Let me make this clear for all of you!" My voiced bounced off the walls of the pack's gymnasium.

"Mavis is my mate! The Moon Goddess, the mother of all Luna's, Thy Luna, has chosen Mavis as my destined mate. How dare any of you object
to what she has decreed. Her word is law! Rejecting your mate just because of a difference in appearance, gender, or a minor defect as some of you call it, is no reason to reject your mate!!"

The hall was filled with silence and I could just pick up the sounds of crickets and animals moving about outside the gymnasium doors. "I demand that you respect this decision and treat Mavis as if she was one of our own. She is as much a member of this pack as any one of you."

Christopher and several other pack members that had once played a crucial part in tormenting and abusing Mavis stood up out of their seats to face me.

"Why should we let this mutt become Luna? She is nothing more then a defected child and the scum of the Earth." Christopher boasted as he and his gang laughed and clapped each other on their shoulders in agreement.

Ryder was writhing inside my head and ready to take full control and rip out each and every one of their puny and scum-filled hearts. "How dare you speak about your future Luna like that!?" I could barely keep the contempt from my voice. Christopher and his gang quickly sat down as they took a scan of the situation.