Chapter 18

They land outside the Burrow and when they walk through the wards, children pour out of the house. Rose can count blue hair, two blondes, and three brunettes. Rose takes a double take because when they left there were only two brunettes and not three. Rose looks over at Saul and he gives her an equally confused look.

Teddy barrels into her legs and hugs her tight.

"Mama! I missed you!" He exclaims.

"I missed you too, Teddy," Rose says as she crouches down and brings Teddy into a hug.

Sky gets into the hug as well and gives Rose a kiss on the cheek.

"I missed you, mom," Sky says as he hugs Rose tighter.

Rose gives him a warm smile. "I missed you too, Blu."

Terra and Sam join the hug.

"Aunty Rosie! You were gone for so long! I didn't think you'd come back!" Terra says.

"Well, how could I not when you four are waiting for me?"

"I missed you, Aunty Rosie," Sam's greeting is a bit more subdued than his sisters, but from the look he gives her, he means it just as much as the others.

"I missed you too, Sammy."

Rose hears a coughing from behind her and Saul is looking at all the children. He raises his eyebrow and the children slowly let go of Rose.

"Do I not get a greeting, too?" Saul asks.

Teddy, Sky, and Sam share the same look and Rose gets out of their way. She brings Terra with her and the boys rush at Saul. They go for his legs and knock him to the ground. Terra runs out of Rose's hold and hugs Saul from where he is laying on the floor. The boys triumphantly sit on his legs and give Rose a proud smile.

Rose turns around and is greeting by Victoire and the other boy. Victoire hugs her legs and gives her a short greeting before joining the boys and Terra on Saul. That leaves the mystery boy with Rose.

"Hello, who are you?" Rose asks as she crouches down to get to his level.

"I'm Riven," he introduces. "Who are you?"

"I'm Rose Silva. That man over there, is Saul and he's my husband."

"Sky, Teddy, Sam, and Terra have told me all about you two."

"They have? Well can you tell me how you got here?"

Riven nods shyly and starts his story.

"My mom and dad were specialists and they both died. Ms. Dowling got a letter from my aunt because she didn't want me. Ms. Dowling took me in and I've been here for almost a week."

Rose gives Riven a sad smile. "Well we'll be your new family now. You can always count on us."

Riven has a hopeful look in his eyes as he looks at Rose.

"Really? You're letting me into your family?"

"Really. I didn't really have a family growing up, so I made my own. A lot of my family isn't around anymore, but it's slowly getting bigger now. Family can be whoever you want."

Riven looks like he can cry as he looks at Rose. She doesn't hear the kids or Saul anymore and sneaks a peak behind her. They are gone and so Rose focuses solely on Riven.

"Can I hug you?" He asks.

"Of course you can," Rose says as she opens her arms.

Riven immediately hugs Rose and she can feel the tension in his little body leave. She now has another child to add to the mix, but Rose isn't complaining. Rose can feel his little body shaking and the front of her shirt start to become wet.