Chapter 9

Rose races down the seventh floor hallway after narrowly escaping the fiendfyre that Goyle casted. She races down the hallway and almost runs into Percy and Fred. Death eaters are chasing after them and she can see them shooting spells at Fred and Percy.

"Hey Minister! I'm resigning!" Percy yells as he turns around.

Fred lets out a laugh and then one of the death eaters shoots a spell at the wall. Rose tries to shoot a spell, but her body is frozen. She is helpless and has to watch as the wall fall onto Fred. She can see the life fade from his eyes as Rose finally feels her body move.

Rose falls to her knees and can feel the rage overtake her. She looks over at the death eaters and all she can see is red. They killed one of her best friends and she will make them pay. She pushes herself to her feet and stalks towards the death eaters.

She shoots spell after spell at them and they get deadlier until she can feel something inside of her start to get warmer. She doesn't hear Hermione calling after her and Rose is only focusing on the death eaters.

She shoots a spell at them can see fire along with the spell. She looks at it in wonder and can feel the warmth all over her body. The rage is still there and she focuses on the death eaters. She shoots flames at them, but instead of just hitting the death eaters, it expands throughout the floor.

"Rose!" Hermione yells at her as she tries to escape the flames.

Rose freezes and can see the flames start to burn the death eaters and she can hear their screams and then she hears a scream behind her and Rose spins around. She sees the whole hallway is destroyed and Hermione is on the ground. She can see her burning and Rose rushes over to her.

Rose drops to her knees and casts an aguamenti dosing the flames. Rose looks over Hermione and can see the pained look on her face.

"Rose," Hermione croaks.

"Hermione," Rose can feel the tears race down her face.

"It's alright, you didn't mean it."

"I'm so sorry."

Hermione tries to reach her hand up and Rose grips her hand. Hermione smiles slightly up at her.

"End it, please Rose. Have mercy."

"No, no I don't want to," Rose shakes her head as the tears come harder. "I'm so sorry, Mione."

"It's alright, I'll be able to see him again."

Rose just nods as she closes her eyes, trying to compose herself for what she is going to do. She opens her eyes and Hermione is looking at her with the love of a sister. Rose cries harder and she picks up her wand and uses the killing curse to give Hermione a peaceful death.

- - -

Rose jolts awake and tries to take in deep breaths, but it is useless. Her mind is still back in the hallway and she can still feel the pain of having to kill her sister. A hand is placed on her shoulder and Rose reacts instictively. She moves faster than she thought possible in her sleepy state of mind. She pins the person down and places her forearm on their throat and presses down.

Saul looks up at Rose and can see the panicked look in her eyes. This isn't the Rose he knows, but the soldier that fought in a war. Saul needs to do something to help her calm down.

"Rose, honey, it's me. It's Saul," he wheezes and he can see some recognition enter her eyes, but she doesn't relent her hold. Saul reaches up with his free hand and cups her face. The touch jolts Rose back to his Rose and she immediately relents her hold.