Chapter 7

Rose wakes up to something jumping on her and Saul. She opens her eyes and Teddy and Sky are on the bed. She grumbles as she burrows her head into Saul's chest, trying to escape the children for at least a couple more minutes. Saul just laughs at her.

"Love, you have class in an hour," Saul reminds her.

Rose peeks her head up at Saul and a glare is etched onto her face. "It's far too early for this," she grumbles while getting out of the bed.

"It's only seven."

Rose groans and shuffles her way into the bathroom. She does her business before going to the kitchen and making breakfast for all four of them. She needs something stronger than tea this morning and works on making a pot of coffee. She plates food for Sky and Teddy before placing them on the island and putting her food on her own plate.

Once the coffee is done, Rose pours herself a cup and almost drains it in one go. She eats her food before putting her plate in the sink. Rose drains the rest of her coffee and puts her cup in the sink. She goes to her room and Saul is still in bed. Rose sends him a glare and he just sends her a cheeky smile.

Rose goes to the closet and finds a t-shirt, slim black cargo pants, undergarments, and a sweatshirt. She goes to the bathroom and changes. She looks in the mirror and can see the rats nest that is her hair. Rose starts the painstaking journey of brushing her hair. It feels like forever until her hair is detangled. Rose then pulls her hair into a braid.

She leaves the bathroom, just as Saul is getting out of bed. She walks over to her side of the bed and grabs a pillow. She throws it at the back of his head and is satisfied when it hits him. Saul looks back at Rose with a playful glare and a mischievious look in his eyes.

"You're going to regret that," his voice has dropped an octave and Rose has to stop herself from reacting. She just sends him a smug grin.

"No, I don't think I do," Rose says while Saul stands up and starts walking towards her.

Rose's eyes widen a little and she hops onto the bed to get away from him. Saul doesn't stop and joins her on the bed. Rose hops off and tries to run to the door, but Saul is closer and wraps his arms around her waist. Rose is laughing and Saul throws her onto the bed. He gets on top of her and covers her body with his.

Saul starts attacking her with kisses and Rose is laughing. She tries to push him away, but it is fruitless. Saul continues his attack and Rose continues laughing.

"Stop!" Rose exclaims through her laughter.

"Do you regret it?" Saul asks.

Rose has a mischievious glint in her eye while she looks at Saul. "Not really," she says as she shoves Saul off of her. She grabs her boots and darts for Teddy and Sky's room. She shuts the door and the boys are looking at her in confusion. Rose just shakes her head at them.

"Come on, pick out your clothes," Rose says as she sits on Sky's bed to put her boots on.

Sky and Teddy come back from their drawers and get dressed. Rose helps them with their shoes and she pokes her head out, looking for Saul. She doesn't see him anywhere and lets the boys go out first. She keeps her head on a swivel as she makes her way to the door.

Rose grabs her school bag that she packed earlier in the month with Farah and opens the door for Sky and Teddy. She slinks out, thankful that she didn't encounter Saul. Rose turns to the two boys.

"Go play with Terra and Sam and when lunch comes, find me," Rose says.

"Okay, mama," Teddy says as he runs off to find Terra and Sam.