Chapter 6

Rose finds the children after many run ins with new students and eventually finds them in the spot where Rose always takes them to practice her fire. She walks over to them and stands above them, waiting for them to notice her. Teddy is the first one to notice her.

"Hi, mama," Teddy says.

"Hello, Teddy. What are they showing you?" Rose asks.

"We can see the specialists training," Sky answers.

"You can see them training from here?"

"Yeah, but they are kinda far away," Sam says.

"It's a good place to watch, though," Terra pipes up.

Rose just lets out a laugh at the four of them. She ruffles Sky and Sam's hair and can see that Teddy's hair is back to his vibrant blue. She's glad because Rose doesn't know if she could take another day with his hair being a dull brown.

"Come on, Teddy, we are going to get you out of those clothes and into better ones," Rose says as she scoops Teddy over her shoulders. Terra looks up at her with pleading eyes and soon enough, Rose has two children draped over her shoulders.

She walks through the halls with Sam and Sky following behind and she can hear the giggles of Terra and Teddy as they prop their hands on her back to look at the two boys trailing behind. The students stare at Rose and the children following her, but Rose just ignores their stares.

She finally makes it to her room and motions for Sky to open the door. He opens it and Rose drops Terra on the couch. Saul suprisingly isn't in the room, but then again the children did say they could see the specialists training. Rose carries Teddy to Sky and his room and plops him on his bed.

"Okay, pick out your clothes, buddy," Rose says.

Teddy gets off his bed and looks around the room. He locates his dresser and gets out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Rose picks out sneakers and puts them next to the bed. Teddy undoes his jacket, but has troubles with his shirt. Rose helps him get out of the stiff clothes and into the comfortable clothes he picked. Then he puts on the shoes and does his best to tie them.

After what feels like the millionth try, Teddy looks up to Rose with pleading eyes.

"Can you tie my shoes?" Teddy asks.

"Of course. First we make two bunny loops and then we cross them. One bunny goes through the hole and then we tighten them," Rose says while she ties his shoe. Teddy tries it on the other shoe and almost succeeds, but then he looks at Rose. She ties his shoe and ruffles his hair.

Teddy runs out of the room and Rose follows him, but when she gets out into the living room, none of the children are there. Rose just lets out a sigh before she takes out her phone. It's around four, so she needs to get dinner ready. But she doesn't know what to cook.

What do you want for dinner? She texts Saul. The reply comes almost instantly.

Tacos, love.

She brings out the meat from the freezer and uses her magic to defrost it. She brings out a pan and puts the meat in it. She cooks the meat and when it is fully cooked, she drains the grease, adds some water and a taco seasoning packet. She stirs it around and lets the water boil until it thickens. Once it is done, Rose places a stasis charm on it and leaves the room in search of the children.

She pulls out her phone and texts Farah and Ben in the group chat that they made.

Dinner is tacos. Feel free to help yourselves. I've got children to find.