01-Bottles

We're gonna die when the sun comes up
We'll drink until we drop
My blood's one hundred proof

Draco Malfoy lay sleeping in his flat. The war had ended over 7 months ago, he had been cleared of all his charges, and he had left Malfoy Manor. He couldn't be there anymore. That place represented everything that had gone wrong in his life.

Now he was alone, which actually suited his current mind frame quite well. He couldn't face people anymore, their stares, horrified faces, always attempting to glance at his arm, to see if the mark truly was there. He was tired of it. So he hid from them.

He had stopped talking to most of his alleged friends after his trial. Only 2 of them showed up at his trial. Goyle had come to speak that Crabbe had basically commited suicide in the room of hidden things. He told the Wizengamot that Draco and he had no idea Vincent had set off Fiendfyre. They had been taught in the Dark Arts class Hogwarts offered at the time. Problem was Crabbe never learned how to stop the spell. There was nothing Greg and himself could have done.

Next to show up was Blaise Zabnini. He told the Wizengamot about growing up friends with Draco, explained how things worked for pure blood families, and about how Draco never had a choice. If Draco had been allowed to speak then he would have called Blaise a traitor at that moment. He didn't care that he was going to Azkaban and Blaise knew it. Draco wanted to pay for what a horrible person he was, yet Blaise had made him out to be some crestfallen, tormented child.

All of this was forgotten though when the Draco's last defense entered.

As the woman walked across the courtroom, the Wizengamot broke out in gasps and whispers. The entire courtroom was in shock as she stood in front of them head held high, not caring about the looks of disgust she was receiving. Everything was still for a moment, and Draco just stared blankly, like he'd just been slapped. Finally someone spoke up.

"Please state your credentials for the court."

"My name is Hermione Jean Granger, I am currently a muggle born student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am here to speak on behalf of Mr. Harry Potter, who had other matters to attend to, as well as speak my own piece on behalf of Mr. Draco Malfoy."

"Go ahead then Ms. Granger."

"First and foremost, I must say that I am absolutely disgusted to be here." There was quite a few audible gasps at this, and Draco's head dropped fearing her next words. "I understand who Mr. Malfoy is, better than anyone I understand how cruel he can truly be. BUT I cannot find any credible reason as to why you feel it necessary to try a 17 year old for the crimes of his father. You should all be ashamed." Draco thought Professor McGonagall would be proud seeing the stern look on Hermione's face.

"I read what people have said of him in the paper, some comments have even come from members of this very room.  'He was born evil, just like his father, he could be another Voldemort.'" Another gasp, people who still feared the name.

"Let me tell you something to tell those disgusting reporters. You all love printing about the bloody golden trio so much but you forget the people who helped us. Where was the article about Neville Longbottom, who very well could have been in Harry's place and who defeated the last Horcrux? What about Serverus Shape, who had gave up his life to make sure our side had all the information on Voldemort? He was our man till the very end, at a great expense to himself! Or Narcissa Malfoy, Draco's mother nonetheless, who lied to Voldemort about Harry being dead? And Draco himself who lied to Bellatrix about recognizing Harry?"