Chapter 5

Two months later

I smiled as they let the new groups of fans in. I was currently at a Meet and Greet with Taylor. As in Swift. The Taylor Swift.

You see, my album gets released tomorrow, however we released three of my covers as singles, and all three shot straight to the top of the charts. I was getting big, and although I wasn’t as big in United Kingdom yet, I was getting there.

My twitter followers had peaked at 11.3 million and I was currently on a mini tour with Taylor. And by mini, I mean two dates. One in New York and the other in Florida.

Whereas, I had finished filming my few episodes of glee and I was unfortunately not a regular cast member, however, Ryan did say he would get me back for guest appearances sometimes as my character visiting etc.

I smiled as the group of three girls and one boy reached me. I was supporting Taylor on this mini tour, but the demand to see me at the Meet and Greets was huge, so I was here.

I hugged the girls, and the boy and spoke to them while Danny, (the camera man) got the camera ready.

“Hey! I’m Ciara, what are your names?” The girls looked like they were about to pass out and the boy looked shocked. He realised that the girls weren’t going to answer so he stepped in.

“I’m Calob, the small blonde is Carly, she’s my twin, then the taller blonde is Jayne, and finally the brunette is Kim.” He spoke grinning.

I grinned back and smiled at the girls. Danny told us to smile and with a flash the picture was taken.

“It was lovely meeting you! If you have twitter, write your name on the sheet of paper over there, and I’ll try and follow you!” I waved them bye and they left.

I always followed people I met, it was a Helson thing.

I turned around and took a sip from my water bottle as they let the next group in. I turned around only to be attack with a hug. The person lifted me off my feet and spun me around and I immediately knew who it was.

“Daz!” He put me down and removed his signature pink sunglasses from his eyes.

I could see Taylor in the corner of my eye taking a photo of us laughing. I let it go.

He laughed at me and messed up my hair. “You said you weren’t coming!” I exclaimed hitting his shoulder. He grinned.

“Come on, why would I miss my best friend’s last concert out of two…” He trailed off for effect at the end. I felt my heart pang slightly at the ‘best friend’ part. I had never told anyone, but I had a huge, fat crush on Darren. I don’t know whether it was his eyes, or his laugh or what, but I had fallen hard.

I instantly shook the thought out of my head. He couldn’t know, it would ruin our friendship.

The next group started to walk in. “Don’t leave now!” I begged, and he smiled. “Ask Taylor if you can stand in the corner of something.”

He laughed at my comment and asked Taylor, she said yes and he found a stood and sat in the corner.

I took more photos with various other fans before we finally finished forty minutes later. I was meant to just be going back to Taylor’s to watch a movie but she made up some excuse so that I would have to leave with Darren. I have a feeling that she knows I like Darren.

In the end, Darren offered me a lift and I accepted.

We had been driving in the direction of my house before he turned down a different road. “Wrong turn Darren!” I spoke slightly confused.

He laughed and shook his head. “I’m not taking you home.” I groaned and hit my head of the dashboard.

“If you’re kidnapping me, I don’t care if we are friends or not, I will sue.”

“I’m not kidnapping you.”

“Well it feels like it.”

This continued until Darren parked his car and I realised where we actually were.

“It’s the end of season filming party and because I mentioned I was surprising you, Ryan told me to bring you along because he was going to invite you anyway. That’s why Taylor said she had other things to do, I had told her about it.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You’ve got sneakier since I saw you yesterday.”

Darren and I were always together, unless he was filming or I was recording or on promotion duty.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the grey filming building and everyone cheered when we walked in. I was pretty sure a few of them are drunk.

I saw Cory walk into a walk. I couldn’t tell if he was drunk or not though, because he’s just generally not aware of his surroundings when he is sober.

*A FEW HOURS LATER*

The party was just coming to a close and I think Darren, Chris, Lea and I were the only ones that hadn’t drank anything at all.

As everyone left, Darren drove me and him up to the cliff hill thing close to our houses. We sat on the bonnet of his car and took in the view, the houses and city was lit up and the stars were sparkling.

“Right, I need to get this out here!” Darren almost yelled turning around to face me.

I looked at him confused. “Close your eyes?” He asked and I did as he told me to because, it was Darren, my Daz, and I trusted him with my life.

I heard him move forward slightly and before I could register what was happening, his lips met mine.

I smiled and my hand found his neck, his on my waist.

After we both pulled back, he grinned at me. “Will you, Ciara Helson, be my girlfriend?” He asked cheesily.

“Of Course, Darren Criss.” We laughed and kissed.

We sat looking at each other. “I don’t want to keep this a secret from our fans.” He spoke suddenly.

I nodded. “Call Ellen?” I asked although it was more a confirmation.

He nodded and we drove back to mine.