Chapter 4

Ryan and I said goodbye to Dianna and he continued with our tour of the building. He handed me a script for my first scene and by the afternoon, I had memorized it off by heart and told Ryan I was ready to film.

Ryan praised me on my enthusiasm and we recorded the scene at once. I was in the scene with Lea, Chris, Darren and Cory.

My character was basically just introducing herself to them.

We had managed to shoot all of my scenes and in the end, Ryan gave me the week off. He also gave Darren and Chris the week off because they had finished all their scenes too.

We all headed back in Darren’s car, because Chris had got Lea to drive him in. I had asked if they had wanted to order in takeaway and hang out. They both agreed and we decided on getting a domino’s pizza. (A/N I DON’T KNOW IF YOU GET THOSE IN AMERICA BECAUSE IM BRITISH.)

Once we had finished the pizza, Darren, Chris and I decided to do a twitcam. They had both never done one before, but when they tweeted the link to all of their followers on both of their accounts, and we checked to see how many people were watching just before we started, the viewer count was at 130,000! I was shocked as were Darren and Chris.

We went live and the twitcam comment box went wild.

“Hey guys!” I spoke into the camera and Darren shoved me out the way.

“IM DARREN!” He yelled.
“IM CHRIS!” Chris yelled. I shoved them both out of the way and sat directly in front of the camera.
“IM CIARA!” Darren rolled his eyes once I said my name and I smacked his arm.

People had started asking who I was and Darren explained I had just joined glee.

“What shall we do?” Chris asked the people watching and I scrolled through the suggestions.

“Someone says that Ciara should sing a solo to give us a preview.” I shrugged and Darren passed me a hair brush.

“What?” I asked him. He shrugged.
“Consider it your microphone.” I decided not to even reply and I started singing a short bit of my favourite song.

Losing him was blue like I’d never know,
Missing him was dark grey all alone,
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met,
But loving him was red,
Loving him was red!

I bowed and people started saying how good I was. We continued on doing requests until a particular one we all saw caught our eyes.

‘Prank Call A Member Of The Cast’.

I laughed and we took out my phone because I didn’t have everyone’s number yet.

Darren gave me Naya’s phone number and we decided to prank call her.

She answered the phone almost straight away. “Who’s this?”

“Danny.” Chris said putting on a deep voice.

“Who?” Naya asked confused.

“From the takeaway. You wanted 7 #90s and 4 #2s.” He continued.

We heard Naya mutter something in Spanish before hanging up. Once we hung up, the three of us burst into hysterical laughter.

We said goodnight to everyone and logged off our twitters. We were throwing food at each other when my phone dinged. I had got a DM from someone on twitter.

‘That’s weird. Only verified people can DM me.’ I thought as I answered it.

To: @CiaraTheHelson (not an actual twitter)
From: @StarLightRecords (not an actual company but in this story, their the biggest recording company in the world)

On behalf of StarLight Records founder and C/O, David Petersmith, we would like to invite you to a meeting on regarding a singing contract. Tomorrow in our local HQ.

I was frozen with shock and dropped my phone on the floor. Chris picked it up and read the message before passing it to Darren and cheering. They sent me a place and a time and I replied saying I would be there.

Darren decided we should let Ryan know and Ryan wished me the best of luck. He also did mentioned though that I wouldn’t be able to return to the next season of Glee if I became majorly successful.

I told him that I understood and the next morning, Chris and Darren helped me get ready. They drove me there and dropped me off before wishing me luck.

The meeting went quickly, I sang a song for them and surprisingly they instantly signed me on the spot.

“Your first album will only be covers but it’s a start.” David told me as he led me down the StarLight wall of fame. There was Justin Bieber’s photo, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Will.I.Am, The Script and many more.

He pointed to an empty frame. “This is for you if you are a success.”

He led me into a recording studio where a familiar blonde girl was plucking a guitar.

“Tay! Think you’d be able to record one more song today?” David spoke happily and her head shot up. I almost screamed. It was Taylor Swift!

“Sure! So this is the famous Ciara Helson! I saw your twitcam yesterday!” She exclaimed hugging me.

“Wait, you saw that?” I yelped. Everyone in the room laughed.

We were ushered into the booth and David asked me if I knew Taylor’s song ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’. I nodded and within the length of the song, David liked it so much he declared it a wrap.

“You’re gonna be a huge star!” He told me as I left the studio that night. I had recored a few more songs and he predicted by the end of the glee filming season, the album would be ready to be released.