Chapter 15

Yuta and Greg were comfortably settled in the confined space of the plane. Greg was placed next to the window, zoning out as he gazed upon the tops of clouds. Yuta sat in the middle, hunched over Greg. She was puzzled why she couldn't see the abundant of angels and hybrids roaming upon the clouds of Heaven – she seemed disappointed. A middle-aged woman was settled on the end of the row, gazing towards the alleyway of the plane. Yuta grew bored, as her body started to ache from 30 minutes of being hunched over. She relaxed against the seat, placing her head on top of Greg's.

"Hey, get your gay shit out of here. I don't want to see that." The woman scoffed; her scowl turned ugly as she glanced towards the pair.

"I'm a woman, ma'am." Yuta replied, hating how masculine her voice sounded.

"Well you sure as hell don't look like one, freak."

"A lot of people say that." Yuta strained her smile, as she lifted her head from Greg's shoulder.

Greg didn't like that. He placed his palm onto Yuta's scalp, placing her head ever so softly against his shoulder again. He then wrapped an arm around Yuta's waist, bringing her as far away from the woman as possible. Yuta smiled at that. The woman finally gazed over Yuta's attire. Yuta had changed her clothes before the pair had gotten onto the plane. She wore her favourite pink sweater, with a light blue skirt that reached just before her knees, with her fishnets that followed down to her blue, pink, and white sneakers. The woman gimmicked, and stood up, heading towards the nearest flight attendant.

Her voice was faint but could still be heard from a mile away. "Excuse me, miss? Can I please have my seat switched with someone else? The passengers sitting next to me are making me uncomfortable."

The flight attendant lifted her eyebrow and questioned. "What row are you seated in?"

"Row 7D. They're in 7E and 7F."

The flight attendant made her way towards the row, her eyes fixated upon the pair staring out the window comfortably, Yuta's head still settled on Greg's shoulder. The flight attendant looked on with confusion.

"What's the problem with these two?" The flight attendant genuinely asked, puzzled with the woman's request.

"These two are being gay towards one another," The woman spat. "it goes against my religion and is a sin! I don't want to see it; it will taint my eyes."

"Sounds like homophobia more than anything." The flight attendant hushed to herself, as she sighed. "I'll see what I can do about it."

"Thank you so much, ma'am. This is such revolting behaviour, no one deserves to see this disgusting act." The woman spat disapprovingly, thinking the attendant had agreed with her.

The attendant stepped into the row, and hovered over the pair, making sure the woman couldn't hear them. "I'm so sorry about what she's said about you two. I'll change her seat with someone else, so you don't have to deal with her, okay?"

The pair nodded, and Greg spoke up. "Thank you so much. The woman assumed we were in a gay relationship, even after my friend stated she was a woman. She called her a freak and stated that she 'didn't look like one'. I'd appreciate if you could do something about her, maybe educating her? Otherwise I would have done it myself."

"Of course. We will not allow that behaviour to pass with a blind eye. I hope you two have a nice trip." The flight attendant smiled, before she started to emerge from the row.

"Yep, you too." Greg replied, smiling fondly.

The attendant escorted the woman somewhere else, as she spoke quietly to her. Greg returned his gaze towards the window, not before his eyes darted towards the alleyway hurriedly.