Chapter 9

...

It was dark, and eerily cold. There was nothing else, just Greg. A chill went up his spine. There was a light fuzz – which irritated him a bit – but other than that, he was left annoyed.

'Why do all of my nightmares start like this?' He growled to himself.

A pair or pale hands reached out in a hurried fashion, making themselves uncomfortably tight around Greg's neck. Greg tried to identify the face that followed the outstretched arms; however it was difficult to do with such heavy fog engulfing the area.

"Please tell me you're not into this..." The voice abruptly chimed in, remorseful about its choice of violence.

"T-Trust m-me... I'm... not-t..." Greg choked out, desperate for air as tears started to leak from his pained eyes.

"G̸̻̮̰̫͂͆̑̀ò̷̺o̸̫͙̟͛̂̕d̸̪̰̐." Greg shivered from the loud growl erupting from the voice.

The fog almost instantaneously gushed away from Greg's eyesight and was met with the one person he never wanted to see again in his lifetime. Bill fucking Mullen.

"Hai~! It was nice seeing you again, fa-"

"N-NO-!" Distressed, Greg attempted to censor the other male from calling him that horrid slur ever again.

Greg reached his palms up and hopelessly scratched at the other pair of hands strangling him. His eyes started to roll to the back of his head, the lack of air having a large impact on his body as he became limp at every lost breath.

"P-Please... Sto-op..." Greg gasped out, his arms limping from the other's gripped palms to the sides of his body in defeat.

The flame then appeared behind Bill, instantaneously snapping his neck, then bursting him into a burning, agonising purple inferno. Bills eyes melted out from his skull, as his skin followed suit, dripping from his bones and muscles onto the ground. Greg became stunned and gawked at the other. Bill's remaining skeleton collapsed against Greg, his bony fingers going limp against the others neck. The bones were still warm against Greg's bare skin.

"I have the power to rid people who hurt you, Greg. I can help you be free again. I can help you find the killer of your parents. We will teach them a lesson for running that red light."

Greg shoved the dead remains of Bill's skeleton off him – watching as the bones cracked, broke, and shattered across the plain ground – and stepped away from the flame. He had started to tear up, he felt overwhelmed as his jaw hung, and eyes balled out from his skull in disbelief.

"Don't you want to find out who killed your parents? Don't you want to get revenge?" The flame hissed, tilting his head slightly whilst squinting his eyes.

Greg didn't answer.

"I can see it in your eyes." The flame pointed out.

"I can see it in your smile~. You're all I've ever wanted!-" The voice had sung, interrupting the flame.

"Shut the FUCK UP!" The flame then changed his attention to the human-shaped vapour, turning his back towards Greg.

The atmosphere had suddenly changed from a horrific aurora to an unsettling calmness. Greg then agreed that this was the calm before the storm, so he decided to sprint off. He took his only chance from all his nightmares combined to run away and figure out how to stop these godforsaken dreams.

"I saw the chance and I took it." The voice shrugged it's misty shoulders. "It was pretty funny, you can't deny that."

"I was trying to be menacing!" The flame complained to the voice, huffing in frustration afterwards.