Chapter 14

After an hour of flying, the pair had arrived in the outskirts of Hamilton. Yuta started to descend towards the ground, placing her feet onto the stretched lands of grass. They had arrived in a forest-type place. Yuta had started to scope the area, searching for any form of mist. Greg had started to follow along, though was stopped by the woman.

"What are you doing?" Yuta questioned, stopping her motions to turn towards the male.

"...Helping you?" Greg replied, sceptical towards her question.

"Stay here, please."

"I can look after myself." Greg puffed his chest, crossing his arms.

"You don't know how to fight – not that I'm aware of, anyway. You need to be trained to fight Negative Emotions; I don't want you stumbling upon it whilst I'm on the other side of the forest unaware. I'm sorry, but I don't want you getting hurt." Yuta spoke her concerns, placing her palm onto Greg's shoulder sincerely.

Even though Greg's heart fluttered from the thought of Yuta caring about his wellbeing, he didn't want to sit on the side-lines being the damsel in distress.

"Okay," Greg accepted, planting himself onto the ground, as he leant his back against the root of a tree. "I'll stay here."

Yuta smiled, grateful for his understanding. "Thank you."

Yuta walked towards the male and squatted in front of him. Greg gazed towards her with a confused expression. Yuta smiled, pushed her right palm against his face to rid of any lingering hair and planted her lips upon his forehead rather softly. Greg couldn't hold back his giddy smile, cheeks slightly flushed from the intrusion of his personal space.

"Stay safe, Veggie." Greg spoke through slightly quivered lips.

Yuta hummed reassuringly. "Of course."

Yuta reached for her satchel and grabbed the little cube – her Lance – as she vocalised her farewell, merely disappearing amongst the vast amount of trees. Greg looked onward, and stood up, taking their bags, and trailed behind. He wasn't about to sit on the side-lines and do nothing. If anything, he could be moral support. It was better than gazing upon the leaves, twiddling his thumbs. Greg kept an eye on the female, almost like a guard dog. He gazed all around her surroundings, his own wellbeing non-existent at that very moment.

Yuta had stumbled across a weirdly generated ball of hedge; she felt the strong presence of the Negative Emotion. 'It's here.'

She inhaled, as she scurried her way through the prickly hedges, somewhat surprised to find it mostly hollow inside. She noticed the abundant of mist settled right in the middle, immediately arising to its feet once realising Yuta's presence.

'Since when did it have legs?!'

Whilst Yuta was attempting to assess the situation as quickly as possible, Greg had just arrived at the hedge as well, feeling ill.

"This place is very nice; I like it here!"

Greg held back a groan from the sudden throbbing pain in his head. Greg honestly tried to enter the hedge, which led unsuccessful. He made it halfway through before retracting, collapsing onto his knees. The pain was too much to bare. Greg lowered his head, and clutched his scalp desperately with his nails, digging into it as a way to ease the pain. He held back a sob. If Yuta knew he was there, she'd kill him. Something moved from Yuta's shoulder bag. Snab emerged from the bag and slithered up Greg's body in order to reach his neck. Snab snuggled itself against Greg's neck as a sign of comfort, which definitely helped distract him from the pain. Snab produced a sound from its mouth – it reminded Greg of a kitten purr. Another strong throb produced itself through Greg's entire head, and Greg couldn't hold back a whimper.