13

After Kuroo had finished parking, he turned off the car and got out. He was excited to go pick up what he needed to, as he had been waiting for it for about 6 weeks.

He strode through the parking lot with a smile on his face, excited to see what he had ordered. Of course, he knew what it was, as he had picked everything out, but he was still excited.

When he walked in the store, he walked a few extra steps over to the counter in front of him, displaying all the different jewelry pieces.

"Hi, how can I help you?" Kuroo was greeted with a nice lady at the counter. She had a bright, welcoming smile, which made Kuroo more excited.

"I'm, uh, here to pick up the engagement ring I had custom made." Kuroo smiled, barely being able to contain his excitement.

"Of course! What was the email?" The lady tapped a few keys on the keyboard in front of her and looked at Kuroo intently.

Kuroo had given her his information for the ring he was picking up. About 2 months ago, he had a ring custom made for Kenma. He was planning to propose. He had been waiting for the ring, and now he just had to wait for the perfect time.

As the lady walked to the back to go grab it, Kuroo excitedly pulled out his phone. He smiled as he texted Bokuto about everything. He wanted to keep it to himself until he actually got the ring, which was what he had came to pick up.

A few minutes later, as soon as Kuroo saw the lady walking out with a small box, he put his phone back in his pocket. He smiled wide, excited to see exactly how it had turned out.

"Here you go! If you want you can take a look at it here before you leave to decide if you would like us to take it back and make any changes to it."

Kuroo grabbed the small box, carefully opening the top. The top had been placed so nice and snug-fitting that when he opened it, you could hear the seal of air breaking apart.

When Kuroo took a peek at the ring, he felt a whole mix of emotions. He was excited, anxious, nervous, impressed, all while he still felt calm as ever. He could almost guarantee in his mind Kenma would love it, along with the idea of getting married after they had been dating for about 6 years.

Kuroo took in the shiny, beautiful, all around diamond ring. It was a pretty silver color, the surface area completely surrounded by the sleek, shiny rhinestones. The light in the store had made the diamonds look as if they were sparkling.

Kuroo, happy with how it looked, pulled out his phone to take a picture of it. He was very cautious when he sent it to Bokuto, making sure he didn't accidentally send it to anyone else, or Kenma for that matter.

Somehow, the ring continued to look better by the second. The instantaneous shine of each individual rhinestone placed on the ring made it look fit for a king. The ring was simplistic, yet elegant.

Seeing Kuroo's bright smile, the lady spoke up. "Isn't it gorgeous? Would you like any modifications to it?"

Stumbling over his own words, Kuroo finally spat out a response. "Oh.. no. It's beautiful. It looks... great. Thank you."

Not being able to conceal his smile, Kuroo carefully closed the box once again. The lady had now handed him a small bag he could use to carry it in until he got home to put it in a safe spot.

He thanked the lady once again, taking the bag to leave. As he left the store and felt the fresh air, he instantly felt more confident and he felt like a new man. He was excited to see Kenma's reaction, although he knew he would have to wait for the perfect moment instead of rushing it.

When he got to his car, Kuroo carefully placed the bag in the seat next to him. He, of course, wanted to make sure it was safe and nothing happened to it, especially considering how much it costed and how long it took to be made.

When Kuroo made it home, he proceeded to be extra careful with the bag. He held it with both of his hands and made sure to keep it safe. He knew he was probably over exaggerating a bit, but he wanted to make sure nothing happened to it.

The first thing he did was find a place to put it. After searching for a bit, he knew somewhere to put it that Kenma would never look - at the back of one of his desk drawers.

After he made sure it was safely tucked away from Kenma, he went to go feed the cat his next meal of the day. He was considering going back to see Kenma, but decided it would be best to give him his space.

By now it was already later in the afternoon. He decided to make himself a quick cup noodles to tie him over for the night.

After eating, he went to go use the bathroom, change, and lay down in bed while he scrolled through his social media. He scrolled through a lot of his Instagram feed, seeing a lot of the same things. He got bored of this and now realized why he had trouble keeping himself busy yesterday without Kenma by his side.

He decided it would be a good idea to just lay there and watch a movie he had already seen. He didn't want to watch a new one without Kenma since he knew that it was kind of their thing to binge watch shows all the time.

When the movie was over, it was already a bit later. He decided it would be a good idea to send Kenma a goodnight text, even if he was still mad at him for whatever reason.

When he sent the text, he was left on delivered. Usually Kenma would immediately respond, or at least opened it. Kuroo didn't think too much of it. He assumed Kenma was already asleep, busy, or just that mad where he didn't feel like opening it.

After waiting for a reply for a few minutes, Kuroo finally decided it was a good idea to head to bed. Although he still had a hard time falling asleep, it was a bit easier than the night before.