8

When Kenma had opened his eyes, he was met by a bright light. He could hear the faint sounds of beeping machines and people talking. He felt lazy, worn out, and tired. But at the same time, he also felt energized. He was confused by his own thoughts when he had awoken from his sleep.

Where was he? Was he okay? As his eyes adjusted to the bright light, he could see an unfamiliar ceiling above him. He wasn't laying in the way he usually was. His bed felt different. Confused, he quickly sat up. The movement had dazed him, as if the room was spinning.

It took him a second to adjust to his surroundings. The room seemed different. He didn't remember anything, other than falling asleep the night before next to Kuroo.

Kuroo.

Where was Kuroo? He instantly felt scared and confused all at once. Where was he? Why didn't he know? He looked around his room to search for answers. He saw a big window to his left and a wall to his right. There were two doors to his right, one with a small glass window, and the other slightly cracked open. In front of him was just a TV mounted on the wall and nothing else.

He instantly felt anxious and wanted to know where he was and how he had gotten there. He looked down at his arm to see an IV attached to his hand and a wristband around his left wrist. He looked up to see the feeding tube next to him and the heart rate monitor.

He knew where he was now, but wondered how he got there and why he was there. He felt perfectly fine and didn't understand why. Had Kuroo taken him? Did something happen to him he didn't remember? As his thoughts raced, he glanced down to see a small remote by the bed.

He clicked a button which sent a message to the nurse letting them know he needed their assistance. After he pressed the button, he sat there in bed, waiting for someone to come.

He looked around the room for a bit, examining everything. The desk to his left was empty, just like most of the whole room. The room bored him, and eventually, the nurse finally came in.

She walked in, a clipboard in hand. "Kozume. So, how are we feeling today?" She smiled a bright, wide smile, greeting Kenma with both her words and actions.

"Um.. I'm okay I guess. Where's Kuroo? Why am I here?" He shifted his seating, feeling slightly uncomfortable that he didn't know what was going on.

The nurse's smile slightly faded. "Oh..." She paused for a second. "I'll get you Kuroo. He's the one with the big hair, correct? He was waiting for you in the waiting room. I'll let him explain everything to you." She smiled and did a thumbs up to Kenma, as if she was asking if that was alright with him.

Kenma looked up at her and gave her a thumbs up back. He still had many thoughts and questions, and wondered what had happened, and why he was there. He just wanted to be with Kuroo right now, and wanted to know why he was there.

A few minutes later, the nurse came back with Kuroo by her side. They both walked in, and then the nurse quietly told Kuroo "I'll leave you two alone now. If you need anything, remember you can always call me or someone else. He might be a bit confused though."

Kuroo thanked her and watched her close the door behind them. When he turned to face Kenma, tears welled up in his eyes. He ran to Kenma and gave him a giant hug. The longer he stood there by him, the more emotional he got.

"Kenma... I love you so damn much. Just know that... please." Kuroo choked on his own tears and hugged Kenma for a couple minutes.

Although he was confused and didn't know what was going on, seeing how worried Kuroo was for him, Kenma started to get a bit emotional himself. He mostly stayed silent, a few tears welling up in his eyes, while Kuroo had his arms tightly wrapped around him.

After Kuroo had calmed down a bit and let go, he sat down next to Kenma at the foot of the bed. Kenma turned to face Kuroo when he sat down. "So... what exactly... happened? Kuroo, why am I here? I feel perfectly fine."

"Kenma... after you fell asleep.." He paused for a second. "I'm sorry. I'm just so glad you here. You fell asleep, and I didn't think too much of it. I stayed there for a second then went to lay you down so you could sleep comfortably. But when I laid you down you didn't wake up."

He choked back some tears. "Kenma... You scared me really bad. You always wake up when I move you. Even if you're still half asleep. But you didn't. You stayed there and you were just still. I couldn't feel your pulse. You weren't breathing." Kuroo had more tears welling up in his eyes. "Kenma. I fucking love you. You scared me so bad. I had to hurry up and call someone. You scared me so fucking bad."

He started to cry again and ran over to hug Kenma. The second Kenma felt Kuroo's touch, he instantly felt like he was on thin air. He loved Kuroo, and he knew Kuroo loved him back. Kuroo just stood in front of Kenma, his arms tightly wrapped around him.

"I'm sorry, Kuroo. I love you. I'm sorry." He looked down, feeling a bit guilty. He felt bad for the trouble he caused Kuroo, but he knew Kuroo loved him and it wasn't a bother to take care of him. By the time Kenma finished what he was saying, Kuroo had loosened his grip, almost completely letting go of the hug.

"I'm just glad you're here still." Kuroo started to cup his left hand around Kenma's cheek. He softly traced the small freckles on Kenma's face with his thumb. He wrapped his other hand around the back of Kenma's head. He tilted his head slightly to the left, leaning in to kiss Kenma. He ruffled his hair as he did so, feeling comfort in being there with Kenma.

When Kenma felt Kuroo's lips touch his, he instantly felt as if he had been lifted from the Earth, as if he was just floating. He loved Kuroo's touch and wished they could be together every second of their lives.

Kenma leaned into the kiss, tilted his head as well. He gently closed his eyes, feeling as if time had stopped. He leaned his head upwards, forcefully pushing himself up towards Kuroo.

Just as they began to share a long, passionate kiss, the nurse had knocked on the door and walked inside to check on them. They both stopped in their tracks and Kenma had sheepishly looked up at the nurse.

The nurse, acting as if she hadn't seen anything, continued to walk over to them. "Kenma, it's time for your medications. Kuroo, if you want to, you can just take a seat over there." She turned and pointed to the wall by the window with her pen.