6

Kenma quickly and silently walked down the aisles to grab everything he needed. He felt as if everyone was watching him with every step or movement he made. He didn't like the feeling and wished Kuroo was there.

He flew through the aisles, grabbing everything he needed in just about 20 minutes. He could feel his chest getting tight and he started to wonder if staying had been a bad idea.

He needed Kuroo there with him. He needed to hear his voice and be in the comforting presence of him. He pulled his phone from his pocket and shakily asked Kuroo if he could call him.

Kuroo had asked what was wrong but called him when Kenma just responded with "please".

"KenKen, what's wrong? I'm on my break right now. Is everything alright?" Kuroo sounded concerned on the other end of the phone.

"Yes. Just please be here with me." His voice was getting shakier by the second and Kenma could feel a giant rush of anxiety when someone came in line behind him. He felt as if he was stuck there now and couldn't leave.

"Of course. Is there anything distracting you? Do you want me to just talk to you?"

"Please. Yes." Kenma could feel his voice shaking even more. He slowly dropped a tear from his eye and quickly wiped it away before anyone else could see or possibly ask him if he was okay.

Kuroo tried talking about his day and other things to take Kenma's mind off of everything. He just talked and talked while Kenma listened through his phone.

"Fuck." Kenma shakily whispered as he walked up toward the cash register. It was finally his time to ring up everything in his cart.

Kenma could feel the tears in his eyes once again. He felt nauseous and lightheaded. He could hear the sound of Kuroo's voice on the other end, but the feeling of everyone watching him made it hard for him to focus on his voice.

He started to take the things out of his cart and put it on the conveyor belt by the cash register. He tried to go as quickly as he could, but ended up dropping a lot of things, which just made everything worse.

"Kenma. Just breath. Relax. It's going to be okay. I'm here right now so there's nothing to worry about." He could hear the sound of Kuroo's voice coming from his phone by his ear.

Kenma then inserted his card into the keypad to pay for everything. He covered his mouth as if he was going to sneeze to hide the fact that he felt like he had to throw up. When everything was paid for, he took his card and tried to put it in his wallet. He kept fumbling it around and dropped it multiple times before he succeeded at putting it away.

He grabbed his bags and put them into the cart and walked away as fast as he could. Although nothing happened, he felt humiliated, like everyone had been watching him.

The second he exited the store and got into the parking lot, he burst into tears. Kuroo could hear him crying over the call, and comforted him as much as possible with his words.

When Kenma eventually made it to his car and put everything away, he sat there for a second before he felt like driving away. "Kenma... I'm sorry. I have to go. My break is over. I promise I'll be there for you when I get home, okay? I love you my little gamer boy."

The pet name made Kenma smile a bit. After Kuroo hung up, he felt even worse. Now he felt alone. He felt as if no one was there to help him if he needed it. Kuroo and his few friends he still had were busy, and he didn't want to worry them with his problems.

Kenma started the car and blasted the radio with his favorite songs. The music made him feel a bit better, but it all went downhill when one song came on.

The second he heard the lyrics, he instantly burst into tears again at the intersection he was at. The song reminded him all over again about what had just happened. He tried to wipe away his tears so he could still see while he drove. The song didn't help, so he ended up just changing it even though it was one of his favorites.

By the time Kenma got home, it was almost time for his daily stream. Instead of streaming, he just plopped on his bed with his switch and started crying while playing Animal Crossing.

He felt humiliated and alone and wished he would've just stayed home and waited for Kuroo to go later. He wished that he could just go somewhere alone without feeling the way he did. He didn't want to have to rely on Kuroo for everything. He felt like a burden to Kuroo and all of their friends.

Interrupting Kenma's thoughts, Kuroo had gotten home earlier from work. Kenma just decided to lay in bed and wait for him to come over to him.

When Kuroo saw Kenma, he instantly ran over to him and gave him a big hug. "I got to come home a bit early for you KenKen." He smiled when he felt Kenma's small hands wrap around behind his back.

Kenma clung onto Kuroo and eventually got him to lay down in bed beside him. Kenma just cuddled his arm and played on his switch for a few hours while Kuroo watched TV.