02│Rock Me

6th April 2013

"I just can't seem to understand why you're doing this, Will. After everything that happened last time, you still have voluntarily chosen to go back there. I mean, can't you see how irresponsible you're being." Piper continues to scold Willa, the same way she has been for the past hour. Clearly not on board with the idea of Will hooking up with her ex, on such a regular basis.

Not that, she'd have let it slide anyway, even if it had genuinely been an exclusive one time thing. Which she claims it was only ever meant to be.

Honestly, I didn't mean to blurt it out to everybody. It was purely accidental, and sort of just slipped out while we were ordering drinks. Willa had said the waiter was hot, which I won't lie; God did that man good. So naturally, I responded with something along the lines of 'maybe next time you should get into bed with him instead of Marcus'. I couldn't stop my mouth from speaking the words.

I'd hoped that maybe she'd be able to play it off, and act like I was talking about previously when she had slept with him, while they were actually in a relationship. But to our dismay, Piper had already caught on and within the second was firing question after question at the both of us. She barely left any room for herself to breathe, let alone allow either of us to squeeze in an answer, thus her questions coming off far more rhetorical and more like a harsh telling off.

The unfortunate thing is, I wasn't even speaking maliciously, it was just me being me - the annoying best friend who will tease her at any chance I can possibly get.

But my slight slip up caused all hell to break loose.

Fortunately for Willa, Soph is way past her limit and therefore, far too intoxicated to understand the severity of what we're discussing. I'm certain that if she didn't have the alcohol coursing through her system right now, then I'd be praying for Willa.

No one hates Marcus more than Sophie.

At any mention of his name, she makes sure to remind us how he's the scum of the earth and always profusely apologises for introducing him to Will and bringing him into our lives.

"Well you know what I can't seem to understand, why Nancy can't seem to keep things to herself. You couldn't help a girl out and shut it for once, could you?" Will directs her frustration at me in a solution to completely avoid Piper's stare, acting as if they make eye contact she'll turn to stone from Piper's medusa like powers.

I know she sounds kind of mad right now, but I see it as more of a slight annoyance. Which of course, is perfectly understandable. She has a right to be pissed off at me for outing her secret. All will be right in the world once more, after Piper calms herself and Willa forgives my idiocy.

I'm an angel, I swear.

"Uh, uh. Don't go blaming this on Nancy's incapability of keeping quiet. I just don't understand why you would do this to yourself." Piper grasps at Willa's shoulder, forcing her to make eye contact. I do think Piper is being a little dramatic, but it's all coming from a place of love.

All she's doing is being a caring friend, just doing her utmost to make sure Willa doesn't get hurt again. I can only presume she's being somewhat more harsh than typical for her, in order to compensate for Soph, who is on the verge of being paralytic. One more drink, and she'll be in the back of an ambulance getting her stomach pumped.

"Why do you think? Sex." Will exclaims with a dry, humourless laugh and the most obvious tone of voice. It's clear she's sick of talking about this, and wants a change of topic.

"You're hot, you can have sex with anyone you want." Seems to be Piper's only comeback. She is certainly not wrong, Willa is absolutely stunning; her natural fiery red hair and gorgeous hazel eyes, and those beautiful freckles which look all the more breathtaking during the summer sun. And not to mention her body, it's one of the greatest figures I've seen.