twenty two

raelynn yawned, her eyes softly fluttering open.

she took a few seconds to adjust to the sunlight pouring through her blinds.

she frantically looked around for her phone, only to find it propped up on her nightstand so it was facing her.

she was met with karl's sleeping face.

they slept on call with eachother again.

except this time it was facetime and not just a voice call on discord.

she smiled softly, picking up the phone and looking down at it. he was still sleeping despite it being 1pm.

she hung up so that she could go get ready for the day.

she felt a little bad for hanging up but she had to do something atleast a little productive today.

she got changed into some jeans and a plain tshirt, tying her hair into a low ponytail.

she walked back into her bedroom, looking down at her unmade bed.

raelynn sighed as she grabbed her phone and placed it on her nightstand, deciding to make her bed.

once her bed was made and her room was clean, she took her phone from her nightstand and left to go get something to eat.

there was a note on the blackboard in her kitchen which read

my friend is driving me to school. i'll see you when I get home -taylor

raelynn nodded her head, she hadn't even thought about how her sister would be getting to and from school since she usually slept until lunchtime.
though, she was glad that taylor had figured something out.

she opened her cupboards to find barely anything, she hadn't restocked her shelves in a long time.

she sighed, catching sighed of a cake mix box.

she pondered for a moment before reaching and grabbing the box, placing it on the counter.

she stood for a few seconds until her phone started to ring. she pulled it out of the pocket and looked who was calling, karl was facetiming her.

she smiled and answered, propping it up on the cake mix box so that it showed her standing in her kitchen.

she walked over to the counter and leaned against it, resting her chin in her hand, her elbow resting on the counter.

"you hung up on me!" he whined.
his hair was still a mess and he looked like he had just woken up.

"I went to go get ready."

"you could've brought me with you!"

"karl, you were sleeping! and I was getting changed?"

"so?" he said jokingly.

raelynn chuckled.

"what are you doing?" he asked, sitting up in his bed.

"I was going to make a cake,"

"can I help?"

"how, you're on a call, the phone can't just grow arms and do stuff-"

"no I mean can I come over?"

raelynn froze. he wanted to come over? to her apartment? I mean, of course he could but... the question just shocked her a little.

"really? do you want to?"

he nodded, a cute little smile appeared on his face.

"yeah and we can bake the cake together!" he sounded excited.