We Interup This Program To Bring You..Trouble!!

'Oh god, what have I done?!' You thought to yourself as you stared back into the blue eyes that had locked themselves with yours.

You couldn't bring yourself to do anything since you fell on top of this man, breathing and blinking included. How could you? Your body felt like it was frozen in place and everything else around you seemed irrelevant to what was currently happening. You had been so caught up in your mind that you hadn't realized a small crowd began to form around the both of you, people murmuring and whispering to one another as you two just sat there.

'The hell is she doing?"

"Why hasn't he pushed her off yet?"

"I don't know, but I know I wouldn't just be sittin' there lettin' some filthy nigra lay on top a me, especially in the middle of the street..."

"I know right? I'd've thought he would have more class than that."

Words of the people flew over your head as you tried to figure out why the hell had either of you moved yet. With a crowd forming, people talking and staring down at the both of you, it was only setting the potential for something even worse to happen. Finally, the red haired man realized what was happening, next thing you knew, you were being forcefully shoved off of him and onto the hard concrete.

Quickly the man arose to his feet and began dusting off his work clothes with his hands, a look of disgust evident on his pale features. "You alright Theo?" asked a man with green eyes and a brown hat.

"I'm fine Henry." He said, darting his eyes over to you.

'Wait.' You thought to yourself. 'Theo? Short for Theodore? As in Theodore Jackson?!"

Now it was really time to panic.

Theodore "Theo" Jackson was by far one of the most popular and important men in the city of New Orleans and pretty much in the state of Louisiana as a whole. Owning cotton plantations in various places like Baton Rouge, Eunice, and St. Francisville, Theo was the biggest of cheeses and gave most beginner plantation owners someone to look up to and admire. Not to mention he was very keen with the ladies. Known to frequently visit the speakeasies to get a good look at the flapper women and a nice cup of giggle water at the same time. It did make sense.

After all, he was a tall man with a strong build, broad shoulders, and plenty of cold hard cabbage in his bank account so, it wasn't that much of a shocker.

But what was shocking, is how badly of a jam you had gotten yourself into.

Theo had let out a grumble and gave the top of his head a few swipes in an attempt to clear the red locks free of possible debris.

"What in God's name is wrong with you girl?!" He barked, and after realizing he was, in fact, talking to you, you quickly stuttered out an apology for your mistake while you clumsily gathered up your things.

"I'm so sorry Sir, I-I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Damn right you weren't!"

The barrier of people watched closely, listening and agreeing with Theodore as he began to yell at you. Going on a long speech about "your kind" and how "y'all couldn't do even the simplest of things right". No one did anything to help you as you endured what had to be the most humiliating moment of your life. Embarrassed with shame and self-hatred for not being more careful, you finally stood up with all of your belongings back in your leather handbag, legs shaking in your heels as Theo continued to yell and curse.

By the time he was done, everyone was glaring at you with just as much anger as Theo. As if you had tripped over a rock and knocked all of them down in sometype of weird human domino line. It took everything you had not to let your knees buckle inwards as the crowd stared you down, making you feel as if you were the size of an ant and they were getting ready to stomp on you with their boots.

"Now," Theo said, straightening out his suit jacket. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I..Um-"

"Hey now, what's all this about?" said a voice, cutting off your response and catching everyone's attention.

A tall and thin man had made his way in the center of the crowd, where you and Theodore stood as the center of attention. He had ivory colored skin and brown hair that was the same shade as his hair, a pair of oval shaped glasses sat atop his pointed nose and a freshly brought newspaper was tucked underneath his arm. He wore a brown sleeveless vest with a white dress shirt underneath, a pair of simple black slacks, shiney black office shoes, a pair of brown gloves, and a simple black bowtie that sat on his neck to pull the look together.

But the most noticeable thing about his ensemble was the wide, white tooth smile that was displayed on his face.

A grunt left Theodore's lips at the sudden appearance of the stranger. "Get out of here Alastor," He said. "This isn't none of your business."

"Oh but it is!" said the man who's name was apparently Alastor. "You know how much I just enjoy a good show, but I find it quite hard to believe that this helpless little dame could cause such a kerfuffle amongst the people."

A scoff. "Well this, 'helpless little dame' needed a lesson in payin' attention to her surroundings."

'Enjoyment? Show? What is this loon talking about?' You thought to yourself as the two men talked.

Alastor chuckled. "How so?"

"That girl over there bumped into me and made me fall over, she was digging in her purse for something instead of focusing on her whereabouts."

Alastor hummed, placing a gloved hand underneath his chin in, what seemed to be deep thought. That smile still present on his face as he complintated over the situation. He stood like this for a moment, keeping the crowd and yourself in suspense. Finally, he broke the silence with a snap of his fingers, coming to a conclusion.

"I think our darling dame has learned enough of a lesson to last a lifetime. Isn't that right?" All eyes were turned back to you as Alastor popped the question.

Quickly you shook your head and responded.

"Y-Yes Sir! I've learned a very valuable lesson, it won't happen again!"

His smile widened. "Very good! It's currently 12:26, and I do believe the lunching time for most of us is just about over."

Members of the crowd begin to flee after hearing what time it was. Most of their bosses were like yours, strict about being on time and not tolerating any tardiness whatsoever.

Theodore watched in confusion as most of the standbys began to dart to their jobs in a hurry before turning to Alastor with a look of disbelief. 

"You're just going to let her get away?!" He shouted. Alastor just shrugged his shoulders with a closed eyed smile.

"Now, now Theodore," He said with a tone similar to that of a trainer to calming down a rabid dog. "You and I both know folks have other things to do with their time. Come with me my friend, I know a splendid cafe down the street that serves the best beignets...!"

The two men's voices had begun to fade away as Alastor led Theo towards the same cafe you were heading to. But you didn't have time for that now, you had to hurry up and get back to your job before Mr. Higgins decided to make an example out of you about his threats.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Notes:

Alastor has finally made his appearance! Yay!! And everyone has now been introduced to Theodore "Theo" Jackson. I wonder how big of issue he'll be now that Al is here. ^^

Now this chapter was a bit difficult for me because I do struggle with writing Al's duologue, I mean, I can't just put 'dear' and 'darling' in every sentence to make it sound like him so I have to do a lot of mental brainstorms in order to get it somewhat right.

Plus, I have to do research about the time period and Louisannna as a whole to get my story as accurate as possible, so that does take up some time and effort.