Chapter 16

Haley's POV

I sat there nervously sipping at my water when my mom walked in. I instantly faked a smile and I knew she did too. I love my mom to death but we have been pretty distant lately. She got pissed at me because I chose an uncertain career over a sure scholarship. We say hello, order our food, and eat in silence.

To break the silence I ask, "So what's your input on the whole situation?".

She says, "I'm proud of you. I honestly never thought you could make it in the music business and that turning down that full scholarship was crazy".

That stung.

She continued to crucify me, "But the most shocking part of it all is that you got a boyfriend like him".

Her talking about Brendon being out of my league really just pissed me off so much but in the end I knew it was true. Why would someone like him like someone like me?

I looked my mom dead in the face and say with no emotion, "Thanks for the talk..now please never talk to me again".

I walk out of the restaurant with tears streaming down my face and drive to my apartment. I didn't bother to text anyone anything. I went straight into the bathroom, turned the shower on, and sat in it, clothes and all, and cried for hours.

Brendon's POV

ME: Hey. You okay?

ME: Wanna hang out and talk about it?

ME: Did something happen?

ME: I'm on the way.

Haley wouldn't reply to anything I sent so I knew something bad had happened. I went to check her apartment first before her secret hideout. I got there and realized she's here and it must have been pretty bad if she forgot to lock her door. I heard the shower going and debated on whether or not to walk in for five minutes. I finally decide to walk in and I find Haley in the shower crying in her clothes. I let out a sigh of relief, take my socks and shoes off, open the shower door, get in and sit down with her, and then pull her into my lap.

"It's okay to cry on my shoulder now" I say remembering that night in the fields.

She buries her face in my shirt and weeps. I was enraged and wanted to get even with her mom for hurting her. I knew that would strain their relationship even more so I decided not to for Haley's sake. I couldn't stand looking at her like this anymore. I start rocking and singing to her and she instantly fell asleep.

I turned the running water off, got towels, and attempted to dry her off the best I could. I pick her up and carry her into her bedroom and place her gracefully on the bed. I tuck her in and get in bed beside her because i didn't want to leave her alone tonight. I didn't want to soak the bed so I took everything but my boxers off first and then cuddled up next to Haley.

I kiss her forehead and whisper, "I love you".

I silently laugh at myself because I can say its when she's unconscious but not when she's awake. I look over and see her phone on the floor so I get out of bed and pick it up. It was dead so I plugged it in to charge it since she had school tomorrow. I got back in bed and fell asleep holding Haley's hand.

Haley's POV

I woke up and looked at my phone to see that it was fully charged thanks to someone. I see that it's 7:30 and I overslept! I put on shorts and a tee since I have gym first period and throw my actual outfit, deo, and a brush into my bag. I ran into the kitchen, grabbed a bagel, and run for the car. I see a car that looks just like Brendon's beside mine and when I get in the car i realize I forgot my book bag. I go back to get it and I see Brendon asleep in my bed..Brendon? When did he get here? Oh well. I don't have time right now so I'll ask him later. I grab my bag, kiss Brendon's forehead, and leave. I'm speeding to school while texting Eden, Ansley, Najma, Jordan, Aysha, and Breanna.