52) Just An Offer

KATE; I love you both so much! (Grabs her bags and starts walking away)

NATE; Dix..... I'm sorry...

DIXIE; no you're not! (Tears in her eyes)

NATE; yes I am!

DIXIE; (starts getting stressed) n- no you're n-not!!

NOAH; just leave Nate!

NATE; love you dix!

NOAH; I said leave!

(Nate leaves)

CJ; mommy ok?

TYLER; mommy cry?

NOAH; mommy's ok guys (puts his arms around her in a tight hug)

DIXIE; c-can we go home?

NOAH; of course baby (kisses her head and holds her hand as he holds Tyler with the other arm and CJ holds dixie's hand)

(They get in the car and Dixie gets a text)

NOAH; who's that bub?

DIXIE; (looking out the window) i don't know... whatever it is isn't important (says monotone)

NOAH; want me to check it for you?

DIXIE; whatever (sighs)

NOAH; (checks the phone) it's your mom....

DIXIE; (takes the phone from him and starts typing)

NOAH; everything ok?

DIXIE; yeah she wants me to come over with the kids later...

NOAH; cool!

DIXIE; mhm (finishes typing and puts her phone down, she just stairs out the window as Noah drives)

NOAH; you two ok back there?

CJ&TYLER; yes Noah!

(They arrive back at dixie's apartment and go inside) (Noah walks in with the twins at a normal pace while Dixie strolls in really slow behind them, Noah puts the kids on the couch with their iPads and he goes out to Dixie)

NOAH; (hugs her)

DIXIE; (pushes him off)

NOAH; sorry.... the kids are on the couch with their iPads, I think it's just best I give you some time to destress and be by yourself for a few days or weeks, however long it takes... (walks back to his car)

DIXIE; in mind* is this a good or bad thing? I don't even know anymore (sighs and walks inside with a fake smile on her face)

CJ; mommyyy!

TYLER; can we go see grandma and aunt Charli?

DIXIE; yeah why not? (Takes them to the car and drives to Heidi's house)

HEIDI; honey! You're here (smiles)

DIXIE; hey mom

TYLER&CJ; grandma!!

CHARLI; hey guys! (Takes them up to her room and plays with them

HEIDI; come sit down honey (motions for them to go to the living room)

DIXIE; what's up?

HEIDI; so I know you're stressed ok, so I was just going to offer to take the kids off of you for a couple weeks or even months.... however long you need, because I have Charli to help me and I just think you need to fully recover from the accident and get used to managing the PTSD for a while, and of course you can decline the offer, as they are you kids and of course--