Be My Queen

Things were going ok for the time being. Prince So lied to the king and said Prince Eun escaped which was half-truth. He tried to blackmail him with me and Baekah but Prince So clearly told him he cannot do anything as it wasn't his fault. I manged to convince Baekah to leave the palace for a while with Woo Hee. He did go previously but he returned back when Prince Eun successfully escaped.

I send him back to Woo Hee again after that. Prince So was mad at me for sending him but I told him it is better to have him safe somewhere away from the king. Now, my next step is to make Prince So the king. We discussed with Jimong about it and he told us Prince Yo doesn't have a star of king. I know why it happened but I couldn't tell him. I decided to tell him my intentions. He agreed with me saying he will be the right person for it.

Since last few days we have been planning things to make him the new king. I wrote letters to General Park and he agreed to help us with his army when we need. I spoke to Woo Hee and asked her to prepare her people for the war. It might be not needed but I wanted to be prepared just in case. "What are you thinking about?" I looked to my right and saw Prince So standing there. "Nothing" he sat beside me on the ground.

"I missed us spending time like this" he commented. "The king is trying to send me away from the palace" I looked at him as he explained what he is planning. "Did you find out who was behind the crown prince death?" he nodded his head. "It was Wook" I gasped in surprise. "He brought mercury to the palace with the help of Won" so they were poisoning him with mercury. That's why his hallucinations and illness for worse. "But what I don't understand is who was helping them Damiwon?"

"What do you mean?" he glanced at me. "It was used in his bath water. As far as I know you are the responsible one for the king bath" I frowned thinking about his point. "I always made sure everything was fine though" I always checked the water and medicines used in the bath before handing it over to the maids. "Do you stay there till everyone leaves?" I shook my head. "I inform Chaeryong to help him and leave"

"Is it possible that she is helping them?" I shook my head at him. "She isn't the type to do that" she wouldn't do that. I am sure someone else did it for money. "Did you inform her anything about Prince Eun or our plan?" I looked at him worried. "I didn't get enough time to tell her" he grabbed my shoulders. "Don't tell her. We can't risk it until we know for sure" I hummed in reply agreeing with him. "What will we do now?"

"I spoke to Jimon today" I told him. "He said your star is shining brightest these days" he smiled at my words. "Are you saying I can be a new king soon" I nodded my head. "We need to make it happen" he observed me without saying a word. "What?" I asked him. "You have changed a lot. You used to say that palace is trap now you are asking me to own this place. I liked you because you were lot different others. you didn't hesitate to fight for what you feel right and what you want. Now, it feels like you became one of us"

I thought about it. Did I really become like that? I did say that I won't give up on my love so easily but I am not even trying for it here. "Maybe you are right. I guess I bent too when I lost my loved ones" I commented dryly thinking about all deaths happened around me so far. "You miss them, don't you?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Prince So. "I do, all of them to be honest" I said including my parents too. "You still have some people here though" I looked at him amused. "And who are they?"

"Well, me and Baekah and your friend too" he shuttered making me laugh. "You are really something" he smiled looking at me happy. "Let's stay like this for a while" he pulled me by waist making me surprised. "Weather is so nice today" I smiled cuddling in to him. Maybe I should just go with the flow too. Why should I bother when I am not sure of the consequences? "It is" I commented snuggling in to him.

****

"I was waiting for an hour for both of you" Jimong commented when he saw us enter the palace. "Why? Did something happen?" Prince So asked him. "I found an evidence to prove it was Prince Wook who deceived our king" Prince So and I shared a look at his words. "Can you explain clearly?" he moved to the table where some papers were placed. "He has been ordering mercury saying the king want new mirrors but they were never installed. His illness was worsened due to the mercury"

"But who would put it in his bath?" I wondered unable to understand. "We need to find it out. For now, we can attack the king with General Park army and then we can convince the people that Wook was responsible for the death of crown prince" I think it would work out too. we have enough people to help us in this. If Prince Wook is out of picture Prince Yo might not know what to do properly. "We should attack soon"

"I will speak with General Park" Jimong left after the discussion with us. "If I happen to become the king, will you marry me and become my queen?" Prince So asked me suddenly making me stunned. 

Author Note:

Hello readers... Hope you are doing well..

So do you think they will succeed? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote while reading.

♥♥SN_ANGEL♥♥