Chapter 26

13 December 2018

There are two things I know for certain.

1. Dean and Castiel are gay for each other.

2. I need a break.

Now, the first thing I can't do much about. But I can do something about the second one and am going to. It feels like this December has lasted forever and we aren't even halfway done yet.

So, we're going out. Somewhere. I don't know yet. I'm depending on Samar, the freaking oracle that he is, to come up with an idea. Also because I don't really know a lot of places in Vadodara. Kinda. Sorta. Okay, I'm completely dependent on him to come up with an idea or even a venue.

"We're going out." I announce as soon as I see him, all sleep ruffled outside the canteen and nursing a coffee in his hand. He's wearing a t-shirt and He barely pays me any attention and proceeds to walk to the cashier to order something. Great start.

I secure a corner table and get seated. Thankfully, Saturdays mean the campus is almost desolate. He returns after five minutes, juggling a tea cup, a plate of poha and fried idli. He places them all on the table and then pushes the plate of idli towards me, "Eat."

"I said something." I glare at him as he begins the scavenger hunt for coriander in his plate.

"I heard you." He replies while looking at the plate and scowling at a piece of onion.

"And..?"

"Eat." He says while stuffing his face with a spoonful.

"Why?" Yes, that is the question. Why do I actively decide to put up with this annoying mammoth almost every day?

"Until we've decided where we're going, I can't know for sure whether there will be something to eat or not. I don't want your stomach to hurt." Aw, hell YEAH!

I grin up at him while poking at his hand repeatedly, "So we're going?"

He rolls his eyes again as a smile threatens to break on his face and with an exaggerated sigh says, "Yes, we're going for an outing. Today."

*******

Anyone that's ever actually spent more time with guys than girls knows that they're way more indecisive than they take credit for. Because if I'm being honest, I want to strangle these two asshats, burn their bodies away, collect their ashes in an expensive vase and then pretend to want to find myself on a solo journey through the world, because it seems like that's the only way I can actually go out.

"Café?"

"Boring."

"Water park?"

"Too expensive and time consuming."

"Amusement park?"

"Not fun enough."

"A mall?"

"Too packy."

"Let's go bowling."

Before either of them can come up with a brand new excuse to shoot that idea down too, I pipe up, "I wanna go bowling."

Samar rubs at his beard, "I love bowling."

"Really? I've never been. I don't even know how to play."

"You just said you wanna go." Avi interrupts.

"I do."

"But you don't know how to play?"

"I don't."

"And yet, you wanna go?"

"Yes."

Samar puts his chin in his hand and bats his eyelashes at me, "I can teach you bowling."