Chapter 13

July 2018

Kiddo to me :

Yeah? See this is the reason you won't do shit in your life. You keep making excuses. You've lost whatever you had.

To Kiddo :

Well, atleast I had something. At least I'm not a pervert, over-confident sociopath who lives off the life his girl made for him.

Monku to me :

Sicko's having a bitch-fit again. Cancelling tomorrow.

Kiddo to me :

So you were lying all those times you said money didn't matter?

To Sicko :

Your mood swings are worse than a lady going through a menopause.

To Kiddo :

Of course it doesn't. But it does when you come to my home and make a comment on my wardrobe, saying that if I can afford so many clothes, I can afford the fees for Manipal as well.

"Hey! Blue shirt!" I look up and glare at the tall guy standing near the table.

"What!?" I give him my best glare and he falters for a second.

"Uh... can you sit out front?"

"Nope." I look back to my phone.

Kiddo to me :

It's the truth.

To Kiddo :

Yeah? Why don't you sell out all the stuff I bought you over the span of two years? Might support your entire college life, with change to spare.

The guy keeps hovering annoyingly. "What?", I snap at him.

"Girls are sitting in the front... Last bench is for boys..."

"You've got to be shitting me."

"Uh... you can sit with them..."

Apparently, it causes enough fuss that the people in front benches, four girls and three guys start calling me to come over. I have to assume these are the teacher's pets. There's only so much even I can deduce in the two days of knowing them.

The guy I think is called Deep, beckons me with a hand and yells across the classroom, "Ayesha! Come sit with us!"

I roll my eyes pointedly and stare down the guy next to me as he practically squirms in his seat.

Kiddo to me :

And you think you're not vain.

To Kiddo :

There's a difference between being vain and keeping track. I already don't mention a lotta shit I do for you, kid. Enough.

Sicko to me :

I'm busyyyy! Monku's free, as usual. But I'll have to see! Last minute meetings!

To Sicko :

What's the point of working so hard if you can't come from Ankleshwar to see your best friends man?

I sit down next to the meek, bony girl called Simran (I think). The class is playing Two truths and one lie in supervision of four super seniors as part of our induction programme. One of the two girls is named Alisha, I guess. I'm also pretty sure that Not-Alisha and one of those boys are boning.

Anyways. I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to pass three semesters, being completely invisible and then get the hell out of dodge. Vadodara College of Engineering is somewhere I definitely do not see myself being popular at. I simply do not wish to. My third day here and I already hated it.