Truth

Remeeting everyone was a treat. Uncle Papyrus had Alphys and Undyne over for dinner. Dad was reluctant to bring you home due to this. Something about Undyne trying to take your soul. "You won't allow that and she wouldn't do it in front of Papyrus."
"[Y/N]'s right you know." Frisk added helpfully. "...i know.." He still seemed reluctant, but we entered anyways. "Humans! Great job for getting off your lazy butt for once, Sans!"
"HUMANS!?" Uncle Papyrus poked his head out from the kitchen. Undyne froze in her tracks, clearly having forgotten that the friendly skeleton was here. "Yep! I'm [Y/N], this is Frisk." They waved. "IT'S SOO NICE TO MEET YOU, HUMANS! I'M THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" He greeted. "WANT SOME SPEGHETTE?"
"YES!" You and Frisk yelled in unison, causing Sans to chuckle. "Hey dad, can I go look around?" You looked to Sans. They all looked to Sans. He made a gesture to go ahead. "Sweet! Come on Frisk! Let me show you around!" The two of you hid upstairs, listening to the others talk. "Dad? Sans you didn't.." Undyne growled. "i did. [Y/N] is my daughter. you won't take her soul." I warned. "D-daughter.. Brother.. that's alot of responsibility.." Pap murmured. "i know that. i can handle it."

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

We were in Waterfall. Undyne was watching you both like a hawk. Sans rolled his pinpricks. "ya know even if [Y/N] was a bad person, which she's not, i can handle myself."
"Doubt that." Undyne said shortly. You were whispering into echo flowers, enjoying yourself and the intriguing flowers that you hadn't had the chance to appreciate last time you were here. You touched yet another one you'd whispered into. It didn't say what you said back. I wish to speak with you. "Dad." Sans walked over. "yeah?"
"Listen." You touched it again. Bring your father. And again. It's urgent. You looked to dad, who was completely baffled. "that sounds like.."
"Grandpa.." You touched it once more. Follow the flowers. So you did. This way. You're getting close. You'll know the truth soon. Nearly there. Find the grey door. That was the last one. Dad and I shared a look. "Find it?"
"find it." He agreed.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

You both stared at the ominous grey door before you. "this must be it."
"I wonder what he has to say?"
"know clue. not entirely sure if i want to know."
"He knows something. He said he'd been watching me my whole life. Maybe he knows what happened to my mom.. and my dad.. I.. I.. want to know.." You hated admitting that to Sans. He'd been so good to you. Such a good parent.. at least you thought so. He wasn't perfect, but who ever was? He looked at you. "i.. understand. i can never replace your real parents."
"Its not like that! I just.. I wanna know why, you know? Why'd they.. if their dead.. I wanna know.." Sans took in your words. "me too. don't understand why anyone would leave a kid like you alone. your the best daughter a guy could ask for." You rubbed the back of your neck. "Th-thanks dad.."
"let's go find out, huh?" You nodded.

❤🧡💜💚💙💛

You looked around. The whole place was just a grey room. A space of nothingness. Well except the black and white mass in the center. "Grandpa? It's good to see you again."
"old man." Dad greeted. "Sans. [Y/N]. It's good to see you as well. You.. have questions before I say what I want to tell you?"
"yeah actually."
"Do you know what happened to my parents?" You asked. "Funny you should mention that actually. It's what I wanted to talk to you about."
"well. talk." Grandpa sighed. "Very well. Listen close. I was very happy for you and Sappire when you wed, on THAT reset." You wondered who Sappire was. 'Wed? Dad was married?' "what happened after the reset. is she ok?!" Dad got frantic. You but a hand on his shoulder. "She.. is not ok. No." Dad froze. "what.. what happened..?" He whispered, his sockets went black out of fear. "Sans.. Sappire was with child after the reset. Some sort of glitch in the code or something."
"P-pregnant..?"
"Yes. There was.. complications with the birth. She died." Dad found himself gripping tightly onto you, trying to hold it together. He was failing. Blue tears fell down his face. "a-and th-the kid..? d-did the kid make it..?" You weren't sure he could take any more heart ache. "She survived." His head snapped up. "where?! where is she!?" Grandpa smirked. "You hold tight to your child at this very moment." That gave you both pause. You looked at him. He looked at you. "My dad is.."
"m-my kid is.."
"Yes. Sappire and Sans are your biological parents. He was trapped here, not knowing of the child that he had part in creating. Your mother was a woman named Sappire, whom he loved deeply, who died due to complications during your birth."
"I'm.. I'm your kid! Not your adopted kid, but your actual kid! I'm half skeleton!" You hugged your dad, your REAL dad. "i.. i have a kid.. mine and sappire's kid.. you're my kid.." You realized that his tears were no longer sad. "Th-thank you.. thank you Grandpa.." You were crying too. It occurred to you that he was biologically your grandfather. Papyrus was biologically your uncle. You finally, finally found your family.. well they found you, anyway.

1 chapter left