Chapter 971

Matt's POV: When Antonio asked me whether I realized that Hank Voigt was going to be at his wedding, I nodded because it was obvious. "Antonio, you guys at intelligence are tight. I mean, it's weird but I get it. You're friends with your boss and you want him at your wedding. Plus, my boss is going to be at your wedding too. I am pretty sure the entire firehouse is going." Sylvie nodded and smiled. "We are also going to invite Will and Natalie. I consider Natalie a friend." 

Natalie smiled when she said that. "Thanks Sylvie. On behalf of me and Will...I gladly accept and confirm that we will be at your wedding." Will then grabbed her hand and sighed. "Natalie, let's wait and see when they are planning to get married. If it's too close either yours' or Erin's due dates then we might need to be nearby. I want you to have the baby at Gaffney. And I am sure that Jay feels the same way about where he wants Erin to give birth."

Jay nodded and smiled when Will said that. "By the way, you need to talk to Mrs. Goodwin. I want her to be well aware that if you are on shift and we are giving birth...I want you to be able to get off easily and come be with me. Both you and Natalie." Will nodded and agreed. "Trust me, they already know that. Plus, aren't I always by your side when you come to the hospital. And who do you think treated you when you came in stoned when Erin left Chicago for New York?"

Jay seemed shocked when Will said that. "Oh, I thought it was Ethan Choi." Will chuckled. "Officially, it was. However, I was the one who was really treating you. I just needed to be supervised since I was treating family." Natalie smiled when Will said that. "However, I gladly would've done it had I been told. You know I've always thought of Jay as family even before we got together. Once a brother, always a brother. That's military motto. I treat all of Jeff's friends as family. And, I always will treat them as family."

That's when we heard another Jeff walk up the driveway. "Does that include me?" Turning to look at her late husband's friend and ex-boyfriend, Natalie was shocked when she saw Jeff Clarke walk up the driveway. "Jeff, what are you doing here?" Jeff chuckled and smiled. "I'm working with the Medical Corps in Gaffney-McCormick's COVID ER" Natalie smiled when he said that. "Then I assume you've been tested?" He nodded. "Negative." Natalie then went and hugged him. He smiled while hugging her. "Hi guys, how are you all?"

I smiled at my former co-worker. "Great. Nice seeing you again. How's Hawaii?" He chuckled. "See you've been following up on where I'm living. Well, I'm actually bad in town for a while. Don't know how long though." We all agreed and smiled. "Still liking the medical world because there's always a need for more paramedics if you want to stay in Chicago." He chuckled and smiled. "I heard. By the way, sorry about your lungs. You're working as an EMT now?"

I nodded and smiled. "And married with a son. You remember Gabby right?" He nodded and smiled. "Thought she was with Pete." I sighed. "Long story that doesn't really matter. But no, we got hitched about 4 months ago after she gave birth to our son Matteo." He smiled. "Then congratulations on your son...not the lungs." I nodded and understood. "I prefer being an EMT anyways. Get work with Gabby on a daily basis."

Jay then smiled and mumbled under his breath. "Probably not the only thing he likes about being alone with his wife in the back of an ambulance." I glared at Jay when he said that. "We did it in the past when we were dating. But, we haven't and don't plan on doing it there while we are married. After all, we do have a son and you know what can happen if she gets pregnant." Jay then shut up and nodded. "Sorry man, forgot sometimes." I nodded and understood.

Jay then looked at his watch and checked how long Erin's been. "It's been a while. Think the girls are okay?" That's when we heard Erin come out sighing. "Matt, you're needed in the washroom." I then got worried. "Everything okay?" Erin sighed. "Things are getting heated between Gabby and Pete." I then got worried and got up to go see what was going on.