Chapter 970

Jay's POV: When Gabby mentioned Matteo going down the aisle with them in their hypothetical joint-wedding ceremony/vow renewal with Sylvie & Antonio, I was confused as to why they would carry him down the aisle. So, I decided to ask them. "Why would Matteo go down the aisle with you guys?" Turning to look at me, Gabby then told me. "Who do you think is going to be our ring bearer?" Of course, that makes total sense. God, I am so stupid sometimes.

Antonio then chuckled as he looked at me. "You sure you're getting enough sleep Jay? Or is Hank bothering you again when it comes to Erin's pregnancy?" I shook my head and sighed. "Just been a busy few days. Between going to and from the cabin, change of plans and then trying to keep Hank away from us...it's stressful." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Then maybe you and Erin should just take it easy today. Just treat it like a normal day now that she's got her gift."

I nodded and smiled when he said that, liking the idea of it just being me and Erin in bed today. That's when I felt Erin grab my hand and tug on it. "Hey, I am just going to go to the washroom okay?" I nodded and smiled at her. Erin then turned to look at Gabby. "Gabby, where's the washroom? I only saw one in there. Where's the woman's washroom?" Gabby, Matt and Sylvie all then smiled and started to laugh a bit when Erin asked the question.

"I'm serious guys. I don't know your firehouse." Matt then looked at her and smiled. "There's only one washroom. It's Co-Ed. So, you are going to need to go there if you want to use the washroom. Just use the stalls." I turned to look at her and then nodded. "If anybody tries to touch you while you're in there...they're dead meat." Gabby laughed when I said that. "Matt, I have to go to the washroom too. How about I go with Erin? Does that make you feel better?"

I nodded and liked the idea of Gabby doing with Erin. "Then it's settled. Matt, you can have some of my food if you're still hungry. I'm going to grab some fresh stuff so it's warm." Matt nodded and smiled when Gabby said that. Leaning over to kiss him softly, Gabby then walked away with Erin so that they could go to the washroom. I then turned to look at Matt and Antonio, sighing. "I literally just overreacted for nothing didn't I?" Antonio shook his head.

"Honestly, no you didn't. I reacted the same way when Gabby first started working here as a paramedic. Look how that turned out." I saw him look at Matt. However, Matt didn't like that. "Antonio, remind me how long I wanted to start dating Gabby. We worked together for years and during the entire time I was engaged to another woman, I was completely faithful to her! And, when me and Gabby got together, it was the same thing!"

Antonio nodded and agreed, apologizing. "Sorry Matt." Matt then sighed and just looked at him. "Sorry to blow my temper, just been a long week. Plus, my mom is in town and I need to be with her later while also trying to enjoy me and Gabby's first Christmas as a married couple again." Antonio understood and smiled. "Think we can come over and finally meet your mom?" Matt bit his lip and sighed. "Antonio, I am not sure how my mom would react to meeting my police brother-in-law right now. I think it's still too soon."

Antonio nodded and understood what he meant. However, I didn't. "Okay, why would she not be okay with meeting your son's uncle?" Matt sighed and looked at me. "She's an ex-convict. She killed my dad out of self defense. That's all I'm going to say." I nodded and understood. "Okay then. That's crazy shit." Matt sighed and just looked down. "So much for having one set of grandparents who aren't convicts." Antonio then moved to rub his back. "Matt, relax."

Matt then turned his head and looked at Antonio. "I did the right thing in getting your dad in jail right? I just need reassurance about that right now for some reason." Antonio nodded. "Matt, he threatened your life for being in love with my sister. That's not cool and he deserves to be exactly where he is. Remember, I am the one that worked with him and the prosecutor to get him to plead guilty so that you didn't have to testify. Trust me, I'm completely on board with what you did. What he did was completely out of line and wrong."

Matt agreed and smiled at Antonio before sighing. "I just feel bad that he's never going to be able to meet your kids in person." Sylvie then nodded. "If he's as bad as you say he is...I am glad that the twins aren't going to meet him. Trust me, when we take them to Fowlerton...they are going to meet enough people who have some type of criminal background." Antonio then looked at her. "When exactly are we going to Fowlerton?" Sylvie smirked. "Our honeymoon."

Antonio nodded and liked the sound of that. "Sounds perfect. By the way Jay, think you and Erin can pick up my shifts when I'm on my honeymoon?" I sighed and shook my head. "Can't. I'm going to be on paternity leave." Antonio nodded and agreed. "How's Hank dealing with the pregnancy anyways? He still going overboard?" I sighed and nodded. "Remind me to tell him to relax more. I mean, he's just ridiculous now." We all laughed when I said that.

Matt then looked at me. "Can't believe I'm going to say this but, I'm glad that Hank's gone soft. I've always hated the guy since he was partially to blame for Hallie's death. But, I am warming up to him since he helped me a few times. However, don't expect me to spend hours in the same room as him." Antonio then looked at Matt. "Uhm, you do realize he's coming to our wedding?"