Happier🧡

No TW but this is probably a little emotional and sad. Based on the song Happier by Ed Sheeran.

Summary: Fred wasn't a very good boyfriend and you broke up about 4 months ago and he sees your now with someone who makes you really happy.

Fred had shared to the whole school a big secret of yours one that you made him promise not to tell but he did. He was drunk but it was personal and you trusted him but he got himself out of hand and told the whole school at once. You broke up with him and parted ways but he let you go because he knew he messed up and he understood.

~Only a month we've been apart~

He was heart broken at the fact that you weren't with him anymore and he was trying so hard to get over you. He knew he hurt you and that there was no hope in getting back together.

~You look happier~

He saw someone new ask you out and his heart shattered when you said yes. They were very charming and genuine and it made you smile. Despite Fred's broken heart he was relieved to see you've moved on and was able to cope with all the pain he caused you. He was glad you were happy even if it wasn't with him.

~Saw you walk inside a bar~

He was at hogsmeade with George and he saw you walk in with your new partner. He wished he didn't noticed because he could stop thinking about you now.

~He said somethin' to make you laugh~

This new partner told you a joke and you laughed so hard. It made Fred remember about the times when that used to be the two of you. You always laughed at Fred's jokes, he missed that beautiful laugh of yours and it hurt that when he heard it that it would no longer be to him.

~I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours~

They made you laugh even harder, and your smile only grew wider. Fred smiled sadly, he would've done anything to make things right with you and to see your smile up close again but he didn't want to mess you what you now had.

~Yeah, you look happier, you do~

Your new found happiness was the only thing keeping him from talking it out with you. He still loved you so therefor would do anything to see you smile, even if it wasn't him you were smiling at.

~Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you~

His mind was brought back to the night where he screwed it all up. He stood up on a table with a fire whiskey in hand and shouted your deepest secret to the entire school as your ran out crying.

~But ain't nobody love you like I do~

He was always going to love you and if he got a second chance he would make a move to make it right but he kept his distance while you were with the new person. But while you were moving on he didn't. He always remembered, he remembered the laughs, the smiles, the comforting, the intimacy and he would always remember the pain.