Chapter 7

When I wake up it takes me a minute to fully comprehend what happened and then I panic. I look over to my clock to see it's five minutes until ten and sprint across the room. 

Five minutes is all the time I have to get ready or I'll make the guys late and I'm not even going to think about what happens if I make them late. 

I rush into the first pair of jeans I can find and throw on a decent looking button up shirt. I run a brush through my knotted mass of hair and grab my pink high tops. Pinks not exactly my favorite color ,but it was my moms so it's a small way of keeping her with me. 

I rush down the stairs and make it to the living room in record time. The boys slowly trickle down the stairs as I finish up tying my shoes then start ushering them out the door. 

It's an uneventful car ride with three of the four falling asleep on each other while Cole excitedly types away on his phone. 

" She must be really special. " I note trying to make the situation slightly less awkward. 

" She's really something. I don't think I've ever liked someone this much. " He said with a content sigh. 

" Aww somebodies got bit by the lovebug. " I say annoyingly high pitched. 

" Maybe. What about you shorty ?" He said nodding towards Will and I sigh. 

" We've already talked about that Cole. " I say flatly and he shakes his head. 

" I know I just don't see how it can be that easy. I mean what if it's not better for the two of you and this ends up hurting the both of you all the more ? " He asks setting his phone down to give me his full attention. 

" That's a risk I have to take. I don't belong in your world and he doesn't deserve to be dragged into my world. It wouldn't be fair to him, at least this way he has a fighting chance. " I say looking out the window at the kids playing on the passing playground. 

" I remember being that little, not having a care in the world. I miss those days. " I say laughing at the flood of memories racing through my mind. 

" You know it's not that hard right ? " Cole said and I shrug. 

" Maybe not but I've learned a long time ago sometimes dreams are meant to be just that, dreams. " I say as we pull up to He-who-shall-not-be-named's office. 

" We better wake them up. " I say dodging this conversation for the time being. 

" Oh that's easier than you think. " Cole said smacking Gabe and Dana in the back of the head. They quickly shoot up, almost bumping heads and I have to stifle a laugh. 

" Or you could wake them up in a way that doesn't panic and/or anger them. " I say shaking Will until he wakes up. 

" But what fun is that ? " Cole said smiling cheekily as he hopped out of the car and starts making his way into the building with the rest of us in tow. 

" So good nap ? " 

" Not at all ! Gabe is not as comfortable as he looks. " Dana complained as Gabe rolled his eyes. 

" I'm not a pillow and I'm not the Michelin Man so what would possess you to think I would be comfortable ? " Gabe asked and I couldn't help myself. 

" Well you do closely resemble the Pillsbury dough boy so I can see the implications. " I say and Gabe grumbles. 

" Well I had a wonderful nap. " Will said joining the conversation and I smile at him. 

" You probably had a dream about April, that doesn't count. " Gabe said and I see Will turn red in the face.