Our Greatest Gift

First rays of sunshine filled the room and that was what woke Robert up. He stretched his hands, yawned a few times and looked at his left side. She was sleeping. Peacefully. As he removed one strand of the hair that was covering her face she stirred in her sleep. She was so beautiful. The sun made her skin shine. After 24 hour shift nothing could woke her up. Robert on the other hand enjoyed the view. He kept staring and her and observing her sleepy moves. She would occasionally smile or let out some quiet signs. He found that very cute and so beautiful. Andy was sleeping on her stomach and sheets were barely covering her perfectly shaped back. Since sun decided to appear Robert didn't cover her back instead he adjusted his left hand under his head and with his right hand started drawing circles on her back.

Andy stirred a few times before she spoke not bothered to open her eyes or to turn her head towards him.

- Robert, you are tickling me. She said with her raspy voice.

Robert smiled, he was so in love with her. He genuinely thought that he is obsessed with her. It couldn't pass a second that he doesn't think about her.

- Can't help it. Sorry. He chuckled.

Andy turned her head towards him still not opening her eyes.

- Why are you not sleeping? We have to work tonight. Andy slowly opened her eyes trying not to end up blind.

- You have to, not me and this is better than sleeping.

- Ugh this sun will make me go blind. She moved closer to him to hide from sunlight.

- You love sun.

- I love it but I prefer not to end up blind. She chuckled and snuggled more closely.
- Should we wait for the alarm or...

- We are definitely waiting. He leaned to kiss her.

She happily returned the kiss but that didn't last long. Crying from the baby monitor announced it's getting up time.

- Can you? Andy asked with puppy eyes.

- Of course. He kissed her one more time.

'Daddy's on the way!' Could've been heard through the hall. Andy just kept laying on the bed with a huge smile. She was so happy and in love with the two most important people in her life. Both of them were obsessed with their little girl.
Ciara was 4 months old and she was their whole world.
Every free moment they would spent with her and get most of it.

This morning Andy just wanted to stay in bed and snuggle with her favorite people.

- Diaper is changed. She is ready for her  breakfast. Robert said entering the room with Ciara in his arms.

Still at 4 months old she was so small when he would hold her.
Ciara was a baby to wish for. She would cry when she is hungry and when her diaper needs a change other than that she was a happy baby. She would slept through the night what was a life saver.

Robert handed grumpy and hungry Ciara to Andy who adjusted herself so she can feed her.

Robert laid back to bed to observe his little girl eating. He loved to do that. There was something special about it. He would played with Ciara's little foot while Andy would nursed her.

- You loved this, don't you? He whispered.

- The best mornings in the entire world. She looked at him.

Ciara finished her breakfast and Andy puts her between Robert and her. Both of them laid down on their sides and kept looking at their little girl.

- She looks so peaceful. Robert stated.

- Of course she does, she just finished eating. Who wouldn't? I know I would. Andy chuckled.