My girl

A/N: Claire is alive but she is Robert's ex wife. Five years passed since their divorce.

**************************************

- What do you think we go out for a dinner date? Robert whispered to Andy's ear as he hugged her from behind while she prepared lunch for them.

- Mm I like that idea. We didn't have dinner date in a while.

- Ever since you moved in, I think. He kissed her on the cheek and sat on one of the bar stools to eat lunch.

- I was thinking last night about something... she got a little nervous as she started speaking. How come you never mentioned you ex wife? I found out about her because Ripley mentioned the other day while we had a dinner at their place. I didn't want to brought it up then because I saw you got angry the minute he mentioned her.

Robert rolled his eyes at her question but he knew eventually they needed to have this conversation.

- First of all there is a reason she is my ex. Second I don't talk about it because it's not worth mentioning. I divorced her because I joined SFD after the Marines. We fought for months about it and one day I just left and left her divorce papers on the table. 

- Oh. Sorry for asking. Now I feel bad. 

- No, no. You need to know and I've been avoiding this conversation for quite some time. After our divorce was finalized I discovered that she was cheating on me while I was on deployment so divorce was my free ticket to freedom I guess. Now I'm thankful for it but it left some scars. That is the reason it took me so long to admit to myself that I have feeling for you and definitely took me a lot more time to admit them to you.

- Hm that's why you've been distant back then. Okay, now it makes more sense. 

- The moment I came to the station you got under my skin. Each day passed the feelings got stronger and stronger and it got the point where I couldn't sleep or eat and I needed to tell you. So yeah. And maybe we moved in after a few months of dating but with you is... different. Easy.

Andy got up from her stool and came to Robert, standing between his legs she cupped his face in her hands and gave him a kiss. Kiss that was saying everything he needed in that particular moment. Kiss of love and understanding. Kiss that said I'm nothing like her. And he knew that. He knew she is not like Claire at all. Totally opposite of her. Most of all she understands him. Completely.

***

- Please, wear that black dress I like tonight. Will you? For me? Robert made puppy face while Andy headed upstairs to get ready for date night.

- If you keep laying there and watching basketball we'll be late. Andy shouted from their bedroom while she was curling her hair.

- I'm coming.

Robert got up and went to shower then he teased Andy walking naked in front of her while she was putting her make up. She tried not to look but how not to look. He was perfect. Everything one woman needs by her side. Perfect in every way. The person from whom she learned so much. How to be resilient, patient. He taught her so much. She was different person since she was with him. He brought out the best from her. She was so in love with him.

- This one or that one? Andy? Wohoo! Earth calling Andy! Robert waved in front of her.

- Uhm. Sorry I was somewhere else.

- Clearly. Is it good there? Can I join? 

- Huh? She asked confused.

- You had smile across your face the whole time so I'm assuming it's somewhere nice.