Chapter 4

NOAMI
I was playing Tekken with kuya Nico when France, Kryzel, and Yannie barged into my home and dragged me off for makeover. Seriously, when did my life become a 90's teenage move cliché? Still, they were footing the bill, so I left them to it. I had signed te contract. Tee was no turning back.
The ends of my hair got curled (because apparently it was all the rage right now), and they had my nails done (both for my hands and feet). The replaced my glasses with contact lenses and bought me new clothes. Yannie suggested a gorgeous dress for me to wear. "Sweet and flirty with an edge, Stephen will love it!" She decreed with a smug smile.
"You know a lot about him. You'd probably be a better candidate for this than me." I pointed out.
"I already had my chance, remember? It did't work out between us." she let out a laugh. "Come along then, let's get you some accessories."
We roamed the mall. France and I had an argument about my choice of bag. He said my taste was atrocious because I loved backpacks, which was ridiculous because they were awesome and posture friendly. I tried to defend them bit in the end, France and the others won, and I ended up with a bag from Zara. I even had to say goodbye to my beloved Chucks because they'd bought me a pair of girly shoes with heels! My arches were apparently going to have to suffer through this whole ordeal right alone with me.
We started a standard school uniform but Fridays and Saturdays were washdays so we were allowed to wear civilian clothing. I was going to debut my new look then. As we were making the rounds of the mall for last-minute purchases, France commented on how hot my model older brother was and pestered me to talk about him. I refused. I knew Kuya Nico modelled, I just hadn't realized until that that he was famous. France asked for his number and I vetoed that idea at once.
"Don't pout at me! I won't pipe my brother out to you!" I said. They might just be after kuya's looks, especially France! I gave him a suspicious look and he batted his eyelashes at me.
"It's not piping out, I just want to get to know him." France said, poking me with a finger. I swatted it away.
"Face it France, I don't think she's going to budge on this issue," Yannie commented.
Kryzel laughed. "Naomi's very protective of her older brothers."
"Selfish!" France accused me.
I ignored him.
At the end of the day, I went home looking like a different person. My dog, Hot Dog, greeted me at the gate and didn't even recognize me. His barking got Kuya Nico's attention, and went outside to investigate. The moment he saw me, he started laughing, much to my annoyance. He called out to Kuya Myco, Jake, and Sean. "You guys have got to see this." When my three older brothers arrived, Kuya pointed at me. "Look!"
I made a face at them.
They burst out laughing, dragged me inside, and planted me in front of a full length mirror. "You look so different!" They said. "Our little sister is all grown up!" They were all so amused and proud of how prettily I'd clean up. It is annoying how they poked, and prodded at my hair and my clothes, but I also couldn't help but preen at all the attention I was getting.
I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Not bad for a boyish nerd. Not bad at all.

STEPHEN
Everyone kept on talking about this gorgeous girl whom I have yet to spot. I wasn't in a hurry to see her. I didn't think she'd be different from the others. good looks could go a long way to making girls fall in love, and I had good look in spades.
I went inside the classroom, and greeted my four girlfriends. That's right, four at the same time. It's my personal best actually. I gave them each a peck on the cheek. It's all in good fun. They don't mind. They know that I'm not serious about them, and they each have their own agenda for sticking around.
"What's our plan for tonight?"
"Let's go out!"
"I want to go bar hopping!"
"Or we can go to your condo!"
I've never let a girl into my condo before, and I wasn't planning to start now. "How about we go to a bistro instead? I know a place," I said with a grin. It was Friday, which meant Nami would be singing there. Tonight was shaping up to be interesting.
"Oh my gosh..." one of my girlfriends, I couldn't keep track to their names, breathed.
I turned a and was suprised by how beautiful the girl behind me was. Wait a minute! I narrowed my eyes when I realized who it was. Shit! It was Nami! Who'd thought she could be this pretty?
She walked over me, looked me in my eyes, and said, "I want to be your girlfriend."
I felt my eyes widen. Just like that! I guess she really did enjoy our kiss! I felt my lips curl into a smug smile. "Sure darling," I said as I placed my arms around her and tried to pull her close. I dipped my head to give her a kiss but she touched her fingertips to my lips and shook her head. "I want to be your girlfriend," she said. "But not right now."
"What? Why? What do you mean?"
She pulled my hands away from her waist. "I'll be your girlfriend when you learn how to be serious about a girl. I don't want a fling. I want areal relationship."
I looked at her incredulously.
She couldn't possibly be serious.
Was she out of her nerdy little mind?
She leaned over, so close that I could feel her breath on my lips. "You can kiss me, but only when you've learned to love me." she winked and left me standing there, speechless.
What the hell?