Chapter 2

NOAMI
Normally i like being right, but just this once I'd hoped, for Kryzel sake, that I've proven wrong. No such luck.
That asshole was going to pay!
I found Kryzel seated on one of the bleachers in gymnasium. She was crying. I'd overheard two girls Talking about her in the bathroom, and it had taken me a while to track her down. She was Stephen's newest ex-girlfriend. The bastard had broken up with her in public!
They had lasted two weeks. I had thought that maybe...Just maybe...
"Kryzel..."
She turned to me, and her tearstained face broke my heart. "Look, I know what you're going to say alright, Naomi? I know I should have listened..." her face crumpled and I hurried over to her and enveloped her in a hug. "He humiliated me in front of everyone," Kryzel sobbed as she clung to me.
"He's not worth it Kryzel, don't waste your tears on him." I'd seen him earlier laughing with his friends without care in the world. He'd even had the gall to wink at me! "He's dead. I'll kill him." I swore.
"Hey one, ease up girl." A girl and a guy cane up to us from nowhere. "Cute straight guys are an endangered species. You can't just go around randomly killing one off."
"Who the hell are you?" I asked with a glare. If the two of them were here to gloat or make fun of Kryzel I swear...
"Chill," the girl said with a grin. She and her friend stopped in front of me and Kryzle. "My name is Yannie and this guy over here is Francisco Juan."
"Don't call me that! That is France! Learn it, live it, love it!"
"And I should care because?"
"Wow! You sure are a mouthy one, aren't you?"
France said with an amused grin. "I like that. It's sassy."
I stared.
They explain that they'd hear about what happen with Stephen and Kryzel
was intrigued, so we ended up following France and Yannie to a room they referred to as their Headquarters. Inside were around ten or so girls.
"New members?" one of them inquired
"What is this?" I asked.
"We're the Haters of Stephen Cruz Coalition. HSCC. Every single one of us here has been hurt by that bastard in one way or another."
I pointed to France. "Even him?"
"Of course!" France said, touching his hand to his chest with a dramatic sigh.
"He used me and broke my fragile heart!"
I stared. Was no one safe from Stephen Cruz?
"Whatever, France! Just because he asked you for your help with an assignment that one time doesn't mean he was seducing you! Ambisyosa ka!"
"Well excuse me! He made me feel liked he loved me! He brook my heart! You won't ever understand because what we shared is only between Stephen and me."
They passed us a piece of paper and asked us to sign it if we wanted to join their group. I decline, but Kryzel was interested. I watched her write her name on the sheet. "I'm really broken up about this, Naomi," she explained to me. "Maybe they can help."
"I don understand guys!" I burst out, hands on my hips. It was exasperating, seeing them like this. "He's no-good jerk and he's not worth any of you. He's been my classmate since high school, and I honestly don't understand what the big deal is! He's an asshole. Don't you think it's a waste of time being bitter about him? He's not that special."
"She's perfect!" France suddenly pipe up, a gleam in his eyes as he pointed me. "Don't you think so girls? Absolutely perfect!"
"You're right!" they enthused. "Perfect!"
"What?" I raised my eyebrow. "Perfect for what?"
They showed me the notebook and told of their plan - get even with Stephen by breaking his heart.
Operation: Break the casanova's heart
10 Steps to Success:
Step 1. Make him notice you.
Step 2. Differentiate yourself from other girls.
Step 3. Get an invite for a date.
Step 4. Make the said date memorable.
Step 5. Make him take you seriously.
Step 6. Ensure that he's dating you exclusively.
Step 7. Snag an invite to meet GUIs parents.
Step 8. Get a kiss - a sincere one.
Step 9. Be the best girlfriend he's ever had.
Final step: Break his heart.

"You'll be perfect for the job!" France reiterated. The others agreed. I've never fallen for him so there wasn't any danger of me succumbing to his charms. "Help us get our revenge!" they urged. Even Kryzel seemed all For it. "You've been my best friend for a long time, Naomi. Please, you know how much he's hurt me. Help us tav
ch this a guy a lesson, please..."
"I couldn't believe my ears. I mean, sure I was all for kicking the guy's brain out but this seemed too underhanded. I wasn't the kind of person who would do something like this, and I knew Kryzel wasn't either. She was just too hurt to see how wrong this was. "I can't Kryzel," I shock my head. I feel guilty, and I didn't want to disappoint her, but I couldn't bring myself to agree to their plan. I turned and headed for the door. "I'm sorry..." I said before I left.
"I really am."
a Couple of days later, Kryzel ended up in the hospital. I got a call from her mother saying that she'd collapsed due to exhaustion. I headed over there as soon as classes let out. Tita was there to meet me. i gave her a hug before going into Kryzel's room. When I saw her just lying there in her hospital bed, an IV stuck to her arm, I almost burst into tears.
"I'm sorry," I said as I sat down on the chair beside her bed. I wrapped one of her hands in mine and gave it a squeeze, "I'm really sorry."
"It's not your fault. I should be the one who's sorry, putting you in that kind of position." Her voice was soft and hoarse and her eyes were red-rimmed.
"Oh Kryzel, why are you doing this to yourself?"
"I just feel so...you warned me and I didn't listen to you." She started crying.
"Hey, it's over now. He won't hurt you again." I assured her. "I'll kill him if he ever comes near you again, okay?"
She cried even harder. "Naomi, he...we...we almost did it, you know? How could I be stupid? I almost let him...it fell so good...when he was kissing me and we almost..."
Oh hell no! "What? That bastard!" I was gonna skin that guy alive! How could someone be such an asshole? He was disgusting! Absolutely disgusting! I left the hospital and went back to school to look for him. he was a photographer for the school paper, and so I checked the staffer's office first, and sure enough,there he was,making out with another random girl.
"Excuse me," I said as I forcibly removed the girl from his grasp. "I need to talk to this guy." When she looked like she was about to protest, I dragged her outside and closed the door for good measure. I turned to Stephen and saw that he was smirking. I wanted to punch the smirk right off his face.
"Well,well if it isn't a nerd. What in the world would you and I have to talk about?"
I punch him in the face as hard as I could. "How could you do that to Kryzel? Is that your idea of fun? Hurting other people?" I tried to punch him again but he caught my fist in hand.
"Not the face, sweetheart! That there is precious commidity."
"You're ugly and conceited, and I hope your face falls off! You cheating bastard!" I used my other hand to punch him. I connected once before he caught it and pinned me against the wall. He used one hand to trap both my wrists. He placed his other hand on the wall beside my head. I was trapped, my position precarious, but I'd rather die than let him see that he'd made me nervous. I tilted my chin and glared at him. "So what now, are you gonna punch me?"
He stared at me before he took off my glasses. "You have really nice eyes," he observed with a smile.
I felt myself shake with rage. What was wrong with this guy? I tried to free myself from his grip but he was too strong.
"Nuh-uh, you don't get off that easy," he said as he bent low and moved closer until our foreheads touched. "You're shaking. Do I make you nervous?" He moved back a little and looked down at my ID. "Nami...?"
Idiot couldn't even read properly. "It's Naomi," I spat out.
"I like Nami better," He leaned closer until our faces were only a fraction of an inch apart. "What will you do if I kiss you right now?"
I froze. He wouldn't! I didn't move for fear of antagonizing him. He might go through with it and I didn't want my first kiss to be wasted on someone like him!
He smiled evilly. "On second thought, I think I'll let go," He moved back, let my hands go, and turned to walk away.
I sighed in relief. Disaster averted. Or so I thought. Before I could do anything other than start to relax, he turned back to me, pushed me against the wall and planted his mouth on top of mine.
No!
He was kissing me!
I tried to push him away but he wouldn't budge. I felt my knees go weak from lack of oxygen and horrified disbelief. I would have collapsed had his arms not supported me. And then, after what seemed like an eternity, he finally moved back.
"Admit it you enjoyed that." he said with a shit-eating grin on his face.
I saw red. I drew back my hand and punched him in the nose with all the strength I could muster. "Pervert!" I screamed at him before I rushed out of the room. How dare he? First he hurt my best friend and now he stole my first kiss?
Oh he was going to pay!
I headed for the HSCC Headquarters and demanded that they hand over the notebook. "Give it to me and I'll sign it!" I said. "Come on,hand it over!"
"Wait, what? Are you serious?"
"I'm dead serious."
"If you sign this, there's no turning back."
"I know!" I said through gritted teeth. Damn that Stephen Cruz! I'll show him! I'll break that damn Casanova's heart!
They handed me the notebook. Outlined inside were the 10 steps I needed to accomplish to fulfill my mission. I was going to break Stephen's heart. The one and only rule to abide by was this:
DO NOT FALL IN LOVE.
Ha! As if that was ever going to
happen!
I signed my name on the contract with a flourish.
I'll show him!
I'll break that Casanova's heart'
I grinned.
Let the games begin.