Three

Catherine Woo had not left her phone alone for a second

Catherine Woo had not left her phone alone for a second. Waiting for the most nerve wracking call she has ever received in her whole life. She had arrived not long ago from meeting up with some of her clients that needed one of her honeymoon packages for their own honeymoon, which had taken her most of the day to come up with and making calls, when she had time to rest it was around the same time Joaquin had decided to call her.

Her heart was skipping multiple beats, “Hello,”

“Hey, is this Catherine?” The voice of Joaquin Torres, could be heard through the other line of the phone. You could hear clearly how nervous he was, his voice a bit shaky and uneven as he tried to not hang up on Catherine out of panicking.

“Yes, this must be Joaquin Torres then.” Catherine leaned against her kitchen counter, a smile on her face while her cheeks were reddening itself.

“Y-yeah. I don’t normally get phone numbers, Ms. Woo” Torres’ was shaking his head with a bit of embarrassment.  A light chuckled was let out of the lips of Catherine, Torres could tell it wasn’t her making fun of him but rather it was because she was enjoying him talking.

“I find that hard to believe, Mr. Torres.” Catherine said with a smirk on her face as she turned her body on the counter putting her elbows on the counter. Becoming a bit more brave with herself, she decide to try out a bit of flirting, “After All, you are a very attractive man, Mr. Torres.”

Torres couldn’t hold back the blush his cheek was forming, trying to be also brave like her, he decided to try out the same thing as flirting, he started with a small compliment, “ normally, i don’t receive phone numbers of attractive woman’s”

“I see you are really bold, Mr. Torres.”

“I really am not, “ there was a pause from Torres’ line which made Catherine start biting her nails. “However, I only make exceptions for unique people.”

“So I am unique?” Catherine asked Torres, Joaquin let out a low laugh under his breath. Both of them ignoring their own doubts and insecurities, neither of them allowing their nervous feelings to get away from them enjoying a nice talk that could lead them to something more than just a friendship.

“Ms. Woo, you might be the most unique person I could have ever laid eyes on.”

“Well, Mr. Torres, you might be the person that has invaded my mind.” catherine flirted with Torres

“Call me Joaquin.”

“Then Joaquin, please call me Catherine, or Cat, neither of them is fine with me.” Both of them started to talk more often after that first talk, each time they both became more comfortable with each other than the last call they had, it was until the point in which they would talk about more personal things such as if they were blipped or not, or about their families. Catherine and Joaquin were both ready for the next step in their relationship, which was going to their first date.