<10>

"I, for one, am looking forward to coming face to face with Karli," said Zemo as they arrived in Riga. "I heard of what became of Sokovia. Cannibalized  by its neighbours before the land was cleared of rubble, erased from the map. I don't suppose any of you bothered visiting the memorial? Of course not, why would you?" He nodded to the building ahead. "We're here."

"I'm gonna go on a walk," Bucky said, stopping suddenly.

"You good?" asked Sam.

"Yeah."

"You sure?" Carina pressed.

"Yeah, see you guys in a bit." With that he turned and walked back the way they had come. 

"More lavish dwellings," Carina remarked as they stepped inside the flat Zemo had in Riga. 

"Only the finest," Zemo said. "I am going to bathe." 

He disappeared into the bathroom while Sam was looking around the sprawling flat mumbling, "What the hell?"

"I'll be right back," she told him, heading back out into the street.

It had only been a few minutes, so Bucky couldn't have gone far. 

And he hadn't - she found him a few blocks away, standing there speaking with a familiar figure. 

"Buck."

"Carrie - you followed me?"

"Yeah, I sensed something was going on. Ayo, what are you doing here?"

"Is it not obvious?" the Dora Milaje asked.  "I have come for Zemo."  Bucky said something in Wakandan. "Eight hours, White Wolf. Eight hours. Then we come for him." With that she turned and stalked away, leaving her promise lingering. 

"You didn't have to follow me, you know," he said. 

"I know. But I was worried."

"You're always worried."

"What?"

"You're always worried," he repeated. 

"Well, we have good reason to be."

"Well the Wakandans are here," Bucky announced as they entered the flat. "They want Zemo. Bought us some more time."

"How much time?"

"Eight hours."

"We're you followed?" Sam asked.

"No."

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo pressed. 

"'Cause I know when I'm being followed."

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least."

"Hey, you shut it, no one's defending you," Sam shot back.  "You killed Nagel." 

"Do you really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?"

"There's nothing to litigate. You straight shot the man."

"Sam, Karli bombed a GRC supply depot," Bucky updated, scrolling through his phone.

"What? What's the damage?"

"Eleven injured, three dead."

"They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met - in full," Carina read from the news article. 

"She's getting worse," said Zemo. "I have the will to complete this mission."

"And you think we don't?" asked Carina.