<1>

Brooklyn, New 2018

"I'm gonna marry you someday, Carina Granado."

"Don't make promises you don't intend to keep, James."

"I won't - and that's a promise."

"A promise for a promise?"

"Yeah, a promise for a promise."

Now many years, many decades later, that promise was fulfilled.  Finally, they were married. Finally.

After seventy-some years - seventy long, long years - now in New 2018, they had found each other again and were finally husband and wife.

"I take you, Carina Granado, to be my wife."

"I take you, James Buchanan Bucky Barnes to be my husband."

And that was that.

It was nothing big and flashy as they may have had back in the day, with all their family and friends. But they did have some friends there.

Steve, of course, and Sam. The rest were there in spirit. 

And without the war it wasn't rushed, however, they had always hoped that when they got married, it would be after the war. However, fate had had different plans for them.

Well, now they were married after the war - long after.

A lot longer than anyone had ever intended it to be, but the fact remained: they were at long last married. 

Bucky even cut his hair, and he resembled her Sergeant even more. As for her, she had stopped dying her hair blonde, so it was back to its usual dark brown after the fallout of the Avengers in 2016 and there was no longer a need for her to conceal her true identity with an alias. 

"Congratulations, you two," Steve told them.  "I'm very happy for you."

"Thanks Steve."

"Thanks Buddy."

"Took you long enough," Steve joked, making them all chuckle.  They were all out of their time. "Peggy would have been just as happy for you."

"Oh, Steve-" Carina grasped his hand tightly.  "I wish she could be here too. I would have been so lost at the end of the war without Peggy. Our friendship was an incredible blessing."

Steve smiled.  "I'm glad you had each other, too."

Now for Mr. and Mrs. Barnes, they were married and got an apartment in Brooklyn. He was on his road to recovery and she had a job lined up in the new S.H.I.E.L.D.'s labs. They had everything, as far as they were concerned. Everything in the world slowly but surely reestablishing itself after what was being called 'the Blip'.  Families and friends were being reunited every day like they had been, and were now moving forward with their lives.

After the wedding, upon arriving home to their new apartment, James Barnes, always the gentleman and still with that 1940s charm, swept his new wife off her feet - literally - and carried her through the front door and over the threshold into their shared apartment. 

"I do believe it is our wedding night, mi amor," she said.

"I do believe it is," he agreed. 

"Thank God we didn't have to wait this long  to be intimate together."

He laughed, the full, hearty laugh she always associated with her Bucky.  "I agree." With that, he carried her off to their bedroom, both with plans of not leaving for a while.