>> Chapter 3

"Truth is, we've all experienced it. Time travel is everyday. People spend there lives traveling from one day to the next; yesterday to today, today to tomorrow. I mean, if you think about it, isn't living itself traveling through time?"

Keller glances at the hour glass in front of us before continuing.

"Take this hour glass, for example. Imagine each grain of sand is a person. This is everyone moving from one day, to the next. See how the top half is pretty much empty now? That's because almost every one has move on to the next day."

"Almost everyone?"

"See that small grain of sand still stuck to the glass? That's you"

Things were starting to make sense now, but I still hadn't recieved the answer I wanted. Why had I even come here in the first place?

"Okay, even if I did believe you, how did I end up here? Why was I left behind?"

Keller stops for a minute, looking out at the view in front of us in thought.

"I guess it just happens. Not a lot, but, it happens."

I'm starting to get more and more interested by the second.

"So there have been others, I'm not the only one?"

"Everyone I've met here has had a different story. Some people choose to live in the past, others can't escape their fear of the future. And some, are just simply lost."

I think about this for a minute. They all seem to add up to why I wanted to jump, and I couldn't help but feel extremely emotional because of this.

"I think I know the feeling" I whisper, staring intently at the desk.

"Which one?"

"All of them"

I glance at my hands, suddenly becoming extremely nervous. What if he asked me about my past? What was I suppose to say then? The truth?

"Iris, why did you come to the museum yesterday?" There it was, there was the question that I had dreaded so much. It bring back so many memories, memories that I wished to forget but never could. That's what lead me to jumping, I could never escape the past.

"I just wanted to finish the day," I say, looking him directly in the eye. "It's been two years since the accident; and they're all gone. Mum, dad and Alex. Why not me?"

"What happened?" I can tell he's not trying to be pushy, and for that I'm grateful.

"It was raining really hard that day. We were on our way to the museum," I have to stop for a second so that I don't start crying, my emotions getting the better of me. "And then, out of no where, a car hits us from the side. My dad looses control, and we crash."

I sniffle, wiping away a few fallen tears.

"The next thing I know I've woken up in the hospital, and I'm alone. I came here yesterday, to know how it could've been. How it should've been. I just wanted to finish our day. It was the last thing to do before I..."

I stop myself, not wanting to go any further. Keller probably knew, anyway. That's probably why I was here, because he wanted to fix me.

"Did it help you?" He still hasn't broken my eye sight yet, and I can't help but be grateful that he's been so good at listening.

"They're still gone, nothing will change that," I laugh a little before continuing. "And now I'm stranded in this empty void."

"You're not stranded. That's why I'm here; I'll get you back" He says, holding out a hand for me to take.