>> Chapter 2

“Why am I here again?”

Keller and I had walked into a small café on the top floor, next to the outdoor museum. There was a balcony on one side that looked over the city, and I couldn’t help but let that remind me of when I had tried to jump. I don’t feel like jumping...for now. Probably because I’ve cleared my head. But that doesn’t mean I won’t want to again. Life is just too had; I need to move on.

“The museum?” Keller asks, picking up his cup of coffee from the table we were sitting at and taking a sip.

“Yes,” I sigh, admiring the small, crystal hour glass decration that sat on the table. “I was here yesterday, why am I back again?”

Keller raises an eyebrow at me, a small smirk settling on his features. “You were at the museum, but you’ve never been to this place, Iris”

Okay things were getting more and more confusing by the minute.

“This place?” My patience was wearing thin.

“Well, different people call it different things. But I think the best answer to that, is a simple one. This.... is yesterday.”

I rolled my eyes and sighed. What was he talking about? Just under an hour ago I was about to end my life, now I have some strange guy in a suit telling me that I'm "Stuck in the past?" This isn't a messed up verison of Back to the Future.

“What do you mean?” I say irritably, placing the mug of coffee down and folding my hands.

“You’ve travelled one day into the past”

I can’t help but laugh at this, it must be a joke.

“That’s impossible”

“Everything’s impossible, until you experience it.”

He picks up the cup of coffee again, sipping it slowly but not breaking eye contact for even a second. I can’t help but have the urge to knock the coffee right out of his hands, though I know I must contain it if I’m to find out more.

“Iris, what do you know about time travel?”