1 : Lost hope and gained one.

*Cough**Cough* blood leaked out of Naruto's mouth. He had defeated Madara about 30 minutes ago, the shinobi alliance died except rookie 12, six months ago, rookie 12 died approx two months ago either protecting him, chakra exhaustion or due to starvation. The last person who died was Sasuke.

After Shikamaru died he lost all his light in his life, even though he controlled shadows he was naruto's light in his darkness and vice versa.

After shikamaru died he only fought Madara because he had life remaining not because he wanted to protect somebody. His love for shikamaru had kept naruto sane during the years of hatred he received from the village.

Having Kurama or the kyubi had some perks, like foxes have mates and so does Naruto. Kurama being a fox would have a heat cycle and so did naruto meaning it would give naruto the ability to reproduce like females. Naruto had decided that after the war he would propose Shikamaru but it went to drain when shikamaru died in his arms.

Naruto looked around only to see blood and pieces of body parts of his comrades lying all over the battlefield. He himself was taking his last breath. He felt guilty that he couldn't save any one, Kakashi was a brother to him died by the hands of Madara while trying to protect him and the other rookies at night when Madara assaulted them along with Gai and the other jonins. Iruka had most probably died while protecting the academy students. While the other citizens along with kunoichi like Kurenai who were on maternal leave were killed in cold blood. This wasn't only true for konoha, it was true for all 5 elemental nations. This had scarred Naruto deeply.

His eyes had lost all the enthusiasm after the death of his friends and lover.

Kurama's POV
I had never seen Naruto so down. He had been smiling even when the life was unfair to him. He lost his parents Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki on the day he was born, then lost his grandfather figure Hiruzen Sarutobi then last but not the least his godfather - his sensei Jiraya of the Sannin. He still got up swallowing all the pain and gritting his teeth with the will to move forward.

But today is different the eyes which would say everything will be alright have lost their colour, he is losing hope very rapidly. I along with my siblings have decided to give him another chance to make everything right.

" Naruto I along with my siblings have decided to give you another chance. We will send you back in time, help those you can and live a better life this time please.
I have one more thing to say when you get back remember I will be asleep for quiet some time so for first few months after returing you will be on your own, you will retain you memories, as well as your muscle memory. Your body will start growing rapidly to accumulate the amount of chakra present. Do good, I know your parents will be proud of you of how much you have grown"

" Thank you Kurama, Shukaku, Matatabi, Isobu, Son Goku, Kokou, Saiken, Chomei and Gyuki Thank you."

"Biju : jikan ryokou"

No one's POV

After uttering those words white light engulfed us. We were in the past right before the day of team placements. It was dark, my conscious entered into 12 year old Naruto and started merging with him. He completely merged with the younger self and quickly suppressed my chakra to my current 12 year old body. Naruto fell asleep leaving the worries for tomorrow.