Shikamaru

Just a note from me before the chapter actually starts. This may be a little, who am I kidding, a lot long because well, Shikatema is my OTP. So, just a warning from moi. 

_________________

Shikamaru walked towards the scroll and observed it for a while before finally starting it. Everyone's anticipating eyes were settled on Shikamaru also, because of his heartfelt speech from before. Bright light emitted from the scroll before finally showing an adult, handsome Shikamaru.

It was a bright Konoha morning. The Naruto-hinata wedding had just ended 3 months ago and the people were slowly but steadily going back to normal. Normally, he would be awaken by his mom scolding his dad on something or his mom screaming at him to get up and do something productive. So, he was surprised on seeing that the time was 9, before remembering that his mom had gone with Ino's mom for a relaxing 3 day trip to relax her mind. He frowned. If his dad had not died, he would bath and play shogi with him.

"Dad?", Shikamaru said before hugging his father tightly. He may be lazy and seem to only "tolerate" his parents, but he really loved his parents, especially his dad. Yoshino was sadly looking at her husband, judging from the future Shikamaru, her husband would probably die in 4-5 years. No matter how much they argued, she really loved her husband. She hid her face so that her husband would not see her tear-stained face. 

Shikamaru released his hug and looked back at the screen. Shikaku looked at his wife, before sighing at scooting near her and circling his arm around her waist and side-hugging her. She laid her head on his broad chest and wiping all her tears. 

Shikamaru sighed, work day again. Being the Rokudaime Hokage's advisor was really troublesome. He pushed his blanket on the bed and stretched, slowly relaxing all his stiff muscles until he heard a satisfying pop. He went towards the bath and quickly bathed. He came out with a towel wrapped around his waist and wore his normal shinobi outfit. 

All the girls were wide-eyed and blushing. Who knew that Shikamaru would be so ripped. He even had his long hair out of his usual ponytail. Kiba whistled. "Shikamaru, if you are looking so good, I wonder how I would look." "Idiotic", Shino, silently muttered. Luckily, Kiba didn't hear him. But, everyone else did an started laughing except Neji, Sasuke because they were from elite clans and Hinata because she was too sweet. Shikaku, Asuma and Yoshino were just looking back and forth between the future and present Shikamaru. It seemed that only they had given heed to the part about Shikamaru's promotion. 

Shikamaru looked at the bed and sighed, knowing that his mom would probably create her very own typhoon if he didn't clean his bed. He quickly folded everything and made his bed look okay again. Thinking on what Kakashi had told him a day before, he drank some water, wore his shinobi sandals, setting out to the gate entrance. Today was the day to guide the Suna ambassador. Again. A small smile graced his lips when he thought about her, but quickly vanished on seeing Izumo and Kotetsu looking at him quizzically. 

"Shika smiled on thinking about a girl? Someone's got a crush. Someone's got a crush.", Ino started teasing Shikamaru, while Shikamaru was looking at her, bored. "Is no one noticing the fact that Kakashi-sensei is the Rokudaime Hokage?", asked Naruto, who had calmed down a little in the past 15 minutes. "How'd you come to that conclusion?", asked Asuma. "Well, Shikamaru said that being the Hokage's advisor was troublesome and then he thought about what all Kaka-sensei had told him to do. He wouldn't talk to sensei a lot if he was not the Hokage. Also, the great stone face had his face." Everyone was staring at Naruto, surprised that he actually knew who the Hokage was before the elders (except all the Naras because 200+ IQ, guys and Sasuke).

"I can be smart too, dattebayo", Naruto said while pouting. 

"What are you doing here, Shikamaru?", Kotetsu asked with his eyebrows raised and a smug smile on his face. "What do you think? I am here to guide the Suna ambassador.", Shikamaru said, looking annoyed beyond belief, knowing that the two would tease him only because he went on one date with her. Before they could, a girl with two ponytails and a big tessen was seen walking towards the gate. "Well, would you look at that. Temari is already here. See you guys later."