Chapter 9

I scrolled through my phone for almost an hour before the room door opened and Ophelia walked in. She quietly walked to her bed and sat down, playing with her fingers.

"I'm sorry.." she broke the thick silence in the room, my eyes darting up from my phone to her. "I shouldn't have hung out with. Han but I swear I didn't try anything funny on him. I was talking to his friend most of the night"

I sighed as I stood up and sat next to her, reching my hand out to grab hers. "It's okay, i forgive you" i leaned my head on her shoulder before a small smile formed on my face.

"So when were you planning on telling me you got in music?" I asked as her face light upat the mention of it. "Well I was planning to surprise you tonight! I just kind of got into singing after the talent show in seventh grade. Remeber the one i was in with Xavior?" She said as I nodded.

"Yeah, didn't he sing some song while you played the guitar?" She hummed. "I actually wrote the song he sang, of course it wasn't that good becuse it was my first time writing a song but that's where it all started"

I looked up at her with wide eyes. "Realy? You wrote the song? No wonder I couldn't find the original" i said in amazement as she blushed in embarrassment. "I was thinking of joining Tylers band, you know since their female lead singer moved" she started as I raised a brow.

"You mean the Tyler in our english class?"

"Well he's really nice and offered me the spot, he said they really need a lead singer for some battle of the bands they're joining" i gave her a smile as i patted her back.

"Well go for it! If that's what makes you happy the follow it. Remember mom always told us to hold tight onto our dreamsa because they're what motivate us to be our very best self"

"Now lets go downstairs. I think they're watching a movie, probably waiting to stop us from pulling each others hair out" i chuckled as Ophelia playfully rolled her eyes.

"As if i'd ever lay my hands on anyone" She stood up, my hand in hers as she pulled me downstairs. "What movie are we watching?!" She called out as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Kung Fu Panda!" Amber shouted back as Ophelia gasped and darted to the living room, her favorite movie playing.

My eyes darted to Xavior who gave me a expressionless look before look to my sister who sat next to him, a slightly softer look in his eyes when he looked at her. Yup, he was totally in love with her.

"Save the popcorn for us" i joked as I sat down next to Amber who handed me the bowl of popcorn. "I thought Ophelia was going to kill you! That was the first time i heard her scream at you like that" she exclaimed as O hide her face in her hands,

"hey we all have out days. We're teenage girls, hving petty arguments is what we do" I replied before shoving some popcorn in my mouth.

"Now shh, lets continue the movie" I added, Jessi giving me a smile. Probably like a proud mom would to her kids. I returned the smile before tirning to look at the tv screen.