Chapter 5

"He totally fell for you, love at first sight!" Amber squealed as my face started to heat up along with the tips of my ears. "No, who falls for someone they just seen" I look away not wanting to show her my flustered face.

"Hmm...let me see, oh! How about you and that guy from the cafe!" Xavier interrupt making Amber snicker. "See even Xavier could see it, love was in the air~" She sang before looking towards my sister. "Right, O?"

"It was, you should go back and talk to him" She said giving a slight grin before Xavier, who was sitting next to her, placed a hand on her shoulder. "Your sisters right, he might be your soulmate!" Jessi agreed.

"Well if he is then one day we'll meet again, soulmates always find a way to each other" I stated making Amber pout. "Hope you don't regret those words Missy"

—-

"Wow I forgot how beautiful it was here during this season" Ophelia gleamed as she stuck her hand out from under the umbrella letting snow fall on her hand. "B-Beautiful? It's freezing!" The blonde exclaimed as he hugged onto her for warmth.

"We told you to bring more layers of clothes for the weather but you just had to ignore us" Amber shook her head as I nodded in agreement. "You should have left back home with Jessi" My sweet little sister said before removing her scarf and wrapping it around the tall boy as best as she could.

"That should be at least a little helpful, your face is red from how cold you are!" She exclaimed examining the boys face. "Oh he's not cold anymore" I snickered at the boys flustered state. "You alright there Xavier?" Amber joined along with me.

"O-Oh shut it! And thanks O, I just didn't want to leave you guys having fun without me.." He mumbled before clearing his throat. "Let's continue sightseeing" I tried not to burst out laughing at his attempt to brush off the little scene.

"Come on guys, let's not tease Xavier for forgetting to keep warm" Ophelia said as Amber wrapped her arms around her. "Oh my sweet sweet innocent Ophelia" She whispered dramatically like a mother cherishing her child's youth.

"Look! Let's take pictures at that park" Xavier suggested as we all agreed and quickly made our way to the park for our mini photo shoot. Sure there were kids and parents here but even thought we're too old for the park, we're still kids at heart.

"Twins first! Sit down on the slide Y/N, Ophelia!" Amber ordered us as Ophelia sat down on the and I sat behind her, hugging her. "And...smile!" A flash went off indicating the picture was taken. "Let me see!" I shout running towards her.

"Ouu send it to me!" I grinned as I finally had a picture to send my mom of our vacation. "O do you want the picture too?" Amber asked still looking down at her phone. When we got no response we looked up at the girl only to find her looking elsewhere with an unreadable expression.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked walking up to her and placing hand on her shoulder making her look at me. "Y-Yeah I'm fine" She stuttered but the teary eyes gave it away. "What happened? Are you not feeling well?" I questioned her before she looked at me with her teary eyes again. "I'm fine, just got something in my eyes"

"Hey can I borrow O for a second?" Xavier said grabbing her from my grip and pulling her away before I could answer him. "He's being so overprotective" Amber mumbled under her breath as we watched them walk off to some benches a good distance away from us.

Xaviers POV

"Hey are you sure you don't want to go back? I can call Jessi and ask her to pick us up! I'm sure Y/N and Amber wouldn't mind" I suggested as the girl let her body fall freely on the bench. "I..I just have a lot on my mind right now" She sighed before burying her face in her hands.

"You can talk to me about anything, we're best friends for a reason" I grabbed her small hand into mine as I moved them from her face. "You were there when I needed someone so now it's my turn to be there for you"

"It's just...being here already reminded me of the last day I saw my dad, like biological dad. And seeing him after years...I don't know how to feel! I mean I forgave him but a part of me just.." She trailed off looking at the snow covered ground.

"Wait, you saw your dad? When??" I exclaimed in shock of the new information. "After Amber took the picture I saw him pass by, he still looks the same as the last time I saw him but now he has a family" She answered picking at the skin around her fingers, a habit she had when she was stressing just like how she washes her hand as well when she stresses.

I grabbed her hands again to prevent her from picking at her skin. "Y/N and you held onto that for so long so don't think it's wrong to feel like that even if you've forgiven him. He left with no reason why so it's okay to feel as if you want to scream and cry" I said softly as she looked up at me with a soft smile.

"You're a great friend you know that" I smirked as flipped the imaginary hair off my shoulders. "I know. Now how about we get back there and take some amazing pictures to show everyone how much were enjoying our winter break!"